Here's what I do to HPL oil

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
Fresh change with HPL Euro 5W40. Mann filter. Summit Point Shenandoah WV. Highest oil temp I saw was 270 but last session it was hotter out (70s) and I thought I was driving harder and only saw 258...I haven't downloaded my logs yet but either way...no oil consumption (thanks OEM VW/Audi PCV!) and as usual, car was perfect.

Some fun off teh Ski Jump before the carousel on the bridge straight. Watch the speedo jump up from 105 to 120 as one/both of the front wheels get off the ground momentarily...WEEEEEEEE!

20230930_104342.jpg
20231001_140722.jpg
20231001_134318.jpg

“Fastivus” - LoL, that’s a great name for the event.

I have done an event on that track; long time ago in a BMW 2002. Nothing quite like your guys event. Thanks for sharing. Watching Talladega wrap-up right now so this was a timely post. ;)

Fresh change with HPL Euro 5W40. Mann filter. Summit Point Shenandoah WV. Highest oil temp I saw was 270 but last session it was hotter out (70s) and I thought I was driving harder and only saw 258...I haven't downloaded my logs yet but either way...no oil consumption (thanks OEM VW/Audi PCV!) and as usual, car was perfect.

Some fun off teh Ski Jump before the carousel on the bridge straight. Watch the speedo jump up from 105 to 120 as one/both of the front wheels get off the ground momentarily...WEEEEEEEE!

View attachment 181380View attachment 181378View attachment 181377

Fahrvergnugen

Awesome! I went to VIR (lived in Raleigh, NC at the time) a half dozen times in my F30 328i 6MT (down pipe, intercooler, and tune). It was a blast and after a learning curve I was really able to have fun. Back then I did all of the service at a respected Indy shop that used BMW brand oil; no idea on the weight.

I actually had more fun and the car was more suited for Tail of the Dragon and the Cherahala Skyway.

Attachments

• IMG_2310.jpeg
    IMG_2310.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2294.jpeg
    IMG_2294.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2262.jpeg
    IMG_2262.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC_3823.jpeg
    DSC_3823.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 20
Awesome! I went to VIR (lived in Raleigh, NC at the time) a half dozen times in my F30 328i 6MT (down pipe, intercooler, and tune). It was a blast and after a learning curve I was really able to have fun. Back then I did all of the service at a respected Indy shop that used BMW brand oil; no idea on the weight.

I actually had more fun and the car was more suited for Tail of the Dragon and the Cherahala Skyway.
3642399.jpg

Are those tires blistered?

That is the stuff you see the NASCAR guys "burning off" with the propane torch after they change tires and are checking for wear etc... When race tires are warm they pick up an amazing amount of rubber. We once raced our limited late model at an ISMA Super Modified event. The car came in with about 1/4" of rubber marbles all the way around the tires. It was a real PITA!

Just my $0.02

Great HPDE with the Audi Club at VIRginia International Raceway this weekend. HPL kept the #38 shaggin' wagon running smooth. Here's some highlights from the last long 40 min session.

Looks like lots of fun, reminds me of the Aprilia and sparks coming off the knees. (AHH, to be that stupid again).

Your car is pretty nice but give me that E30 that passed you by, lol.

Looks like lots of fun, reminds me of the Aprilia and sparks coming off the knees. (AHH, to be that stupid again).

Your car is pretty nice but give me that E30 that passed you by, lol.
You mean the E36 M3 I passed with the wing? Nice thing is....I just drove mine to lunch and it doesn't require a F250 and a trailer....then again, I'd rather have a real track car and if I ever goof it up at the track...I'm screwed getting home!

The one at 37 seconds in first video, i guess i could be wrong. I just like RWD and a perfectly balanced car, that's all.

The one at 37 seconds in first video, i guess i could be wrong. I just like RWD and a perfectly balanced car, that's all.
OHHHHHH....the first one, yeah, that thing was AWESOME!!!!

How do you like the M-Perf brakes? Years ago I almost bought the same color but was scared off by the cost and complaints over sound.

Probably an E46...330 with that Z whatever package.
The ZHP. I had a 2003 (blk,blk w/6 spd) and wanted to turn it into a track car but I was unable to earn approval at the time.

That was a very fun car and would be a great choice with just a few modifications.

The ZHP. I had a 2003 (blk,blk w/6 spd) and wanted to turn it into a track car but I was unable to earn approval at the time.

That was a very fun car and would be a great choice with just a few modifications.
It's v. popular for that reason and probably what I'll eventually do but it's a ways off....at least until all my children are done/out of here. Truck. Trailer. Car. Storage. It's an expensive hobby and that's why my VW is cool, can do both as long as you accept the limitations.

Back