Hengst H14W04 Triumph TR6 w/ spin on conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
14mos ~1.5K miles M1 15w-50

X-reference to a Fram PH3600

Damage from my having to resort to a screwdriver for removal. Nothing but carbon found in the pleats.

Appears to be a very well made filter; thick can, ample media, dense even pleats, heavy metal tube. Interesting ADBV w/ a very thin, flexible seal and diaphragm spring.

One observation though. This is the first Hengst I've used on the car and, despite torquing to the spec I always use (22nm-the spec for mann and mahle), this one was very hard to remove. The Mann and Mahle's never gave a problem. Replaced w/ a Mann and M1 V-Twin 20w-50 as that is what I had on hand, but I'll use these again albeit with less torque. Mann, Mahle and Hengst remain my preferred filters.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks for that; of course if such carnage had happened @ a quick lube place, there would be 100s of pages on why you should do the OC yourself..

Does look quite durable, but having to deal with something like that might permanently sour the consideration of my ever using it again.

Last edited:
I Use a PH3600 on mine with Schaeffer's 15-40
Never had a problem removing my filter.
Glad to see you are driving your TR. One of the few cars that put a smile on my face when i see one going down the road.

Originally Posted by simple_gifts
Thanks for that; of course if such carnage had happened @ a quick lube place, there would be 100s of pages on why you should do the OC yourself..

Does look quite durable, but having to deal with something like that might permanently sour the consideration of my ever using it again.

Maybe this is telling me i should go to Jiffy!
grin.gif

Little_Lobowski..pic of your TR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back