Help Selecting Front Hub Bearings

03 1500 suburban 4x4

Rock Auto prices:

SFK - 106
Timken - 118 ( found a pair for 145 on ebay? Fishy?)
AC Delco - 146
GM OE > 200

Leaning towards AC Delco but I understand they may be reboxed timken or sfk?

Thanks

SKF from RA in this case.

I’d be happy with OE, Timken, or SKF and just go with whatever is cheaper.

AC Delco is not the same as OE and seems to be as bad as other cheap aftermarket lines these days.

I bought a pair of Timken hub bearings ( Made in France) for my Isuzu p/up more than 25 years ago and still performing great. I used Mobil semi synthetic blend grease

At those prices you have to mean hubs rather than hub bearings.

I'd do same as dlundblad, OEM, SKF or Timken based upon which is cheaper.

A pair for $145 isn't necessarily fishy if it is some odd lot or individual selling off their spare parts rather than a higher volume distributor, though it also wouldn't surprise me if someone was selling generics and calling them Timken.

03 1500 suburban 4x4

Rock Auto prices:

SFK - 106
Timken - 118 ( found a pair for 145 on ebay? Fishy?)
AC Delco - 146
GM OE > 200

Leaning towards AC Delco but I understand they may be reboxed timken or sfk?

Thanks
I would go for the pair of Timkens. Chances are good the other side can't be far behind.

The OEM will just be a rebranded unit most likely made by one of the brands you listed at a high price.

I put 4 SKF on the Tahoe and suburban late September last year. They’ve been good. Not a ton of time on them. But the Tahoe… maybe 10k since.

They’re doing good. And they were nice assemblies. Nothing bad or out of the ordinary to report.

SKF from RA in this case.

I’d be happy with OE, Timken, or SKF and just go with whatever is cheaper.

AC Delco is not the same as OE and seems to be as bad as other cheap aftermarket lines these days.
^^^This. OE, SKF, and Timken are the only 3 options I consider for hub/bearing assemblies.

Also, stay away from ebay and Amazon...they are crawling with counterfeit parts.

I just changed one yesterday on my 05 Yukon. Bought the clearance one for $50 and the bearing is nice but the ABS sensor cable was broken at the hub from poor packaging. My old one was fine so I plan to put it in the new bearing assembly. Local was gonna be about $120 and I don't plan to keep this vehicle through the summer.

• Love
Reactions: D60
I have a front and rear A/C Delco on the Buick no issues. The 2003 Duramax has had an A/C Delco on the front for 14,000 miles with no issues. Make sure you get the correct axle nut torque. The wrong torque will destroy one pretty quick.

Quick follow on, ordered an SFK in March, arrived and MiChina, can't say I was pleased to see that, I was at least hoping Mexico. I only ordered one, so we'll see how it holds up, compared to the otherside, which still felt rock solid.

^^^This. OE, SKF, and Timken are the only 3 options I consider for hub/bearing assemblies.

Also, stay away from ebay and Amazon...they are crawling with counterfeit parts.
Usually true, but i did get a good ebay deal on a NOS Centric premium hub with Timken bearings in it. Box read "USA" too. I'm more likely to buy on ebay if it looks like a one-off part, someone getting rid of a single unit rather than a volume seller of same part.

Back