Help me simplify my life. Need to consolidate my oil needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by goodoleboy:
Ok now im confused do you have differnet user names? I was replying to moribundman commment

Sorry I'm the confused one, I didn't see that the post was to moribundman
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by goodoleboy:
I would stick to what the makers call for. If you start throwing in different vicosities your asking for toruble.
I asked my mechanic about using differnet grades of oils other than what the manf. suggests. He said he has seen many cars screwed up becuase people play around with the oil grades.

The same engines slated for the US and other parts of the world usually have the same oil clearences for bearings etc.; even the oil pump, except for 5w-20 I would think. 5w/10w-30 is the US grade, and multiple grades from 5w-30 to 20w-50 are allowed in other parts of the world FOR THE SAME ENGINE. I even checked that out for my particular vehicle with online repair manuals. Hell, engines that now call for 5w-30 in the US used to call for 5w-30 to 20w-50 depending on temp before CAFE came about.

Rotella T syn 5w40 seems like it may also be a good choice as an oil for all of these vehicles.

quote:

If you start throwing in different vicosities your asking for toruble.
I asked my mechanic about using differnet grades of oils other than what the manf. suggests. He said he has seen many cars screwed up becuase people play around with the oil grades.

Oh, I guess we don't need any info from Bob's Forum, just use mechanic's grade 5w-30 because it is the best.

Can I quote this guy as the "Ultra Noob of 2004"?

also:

http://adorablebunnies.com/LEARN ENGLISH/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back