Help me pick a Diff Fluid, 23 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4

Looking to swap out the factory fluid in my trucks front and rear diffs.

2023 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 3 liter Duramax
Factory Specs
Front: 75W-85 Dexron Low Viscosity ACDelco part #10-4122
Rear: 75W-85 High Efficiency Synth Hypoid Gear ACDelco part #10-4091

I was thinking of using something like 75W-90 Amsoil Severe Gear or HPL Differential Life 75W-90 but was wondering why they specify 2 different fluids. One has a friction modifier and the other doesn't? GL4 and GL5?

What are your thoughts?

Looking to swap out the factory fluid in my trucks front and rear diffs.

2023 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 3 liter Duramax
Factory Specs
Front: 75W-85 Dexron Low Viscosity ACDelco part #10-4122
Rear: 75W-85 High Efficiency Synth Hypoid Gear ACDelco part #10-4091

I was thinking of using something like 75W-90 Amsoil Severe Gear or HPL Differential Life 75W-90 but was wondering why they specify 2 different fluids. One has a friction modifier and the other doesn't? GL4 and GL5?

What are your thoughts?
Does the rear have a limited slip differential? Typically LSD’s get the friction modifier.

Either of your choices are both very good options.

Does the rear have a limited slip differential? Typically LSD’s get the friction modifier.

Either of your choices are both very good options.
It does have a locking rear diff.. As I recall it has an Eaton Locker but I cannot be sure at this time.

I know people will disagree, but if you are just driving it, use whatever. If you tow often or heavy, use a heavier weight. You can't go wrong with either of the ones you are looking at. I use Valvoline 75/140 because it's inexpensive and I love the flex fill packs (which Amsoil probably invented). I very rarely tow but old habits die hard.

HPL differential life 75w-90
amsoil severe gear
any syn off the shelf gear oils

^^^my order in picking differential oil. my uncle runs a fleet of tractor trailers and tractor trailer wreckers and he swears by the Amsoil severe gear so i rate the HPL and amsoil very close.

Back