Help me find the PCV on my Yukon XL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like such an idiot for asking, but I cannot find the freakin' PCV on my wife's 2001 Yukon XL with the 5.3L V-8!!! I've swapped engines and transmissions on several cars, but I can't even find this simple little item.

I've pulled the beauty cover off the top of the throttle body and I can't find the darn thing! How embarrassing!

Can anyone help me with this?

The service manual says it's on the back end of the driver's side valve cover (provided I'm interpreting the picture correctly). If not there, check the passenger's side. There should be a tube protruding out of it.

I have the 5.3L in my 2001 GMC Sierra 4x4.

Driver's side valve cover, way to the rear. Pull the hose up & out of the valve cover and the PCV valve will be in the end of the hose.

Takes about 10 seconds to change it, once you figure out where it is!
grin.gif

I like the Purolator #1063 for about $3 at Advance Auto.

Thanks guys!

Man, I stood there and scratched my head forever and it turns out it was right there in front of me. Sure looks different from the Ford modular V8s I'm used to working on!

This is why BITOG is the best!
smile.gif

ha ha its like a scavenger hunt on some of these engines. instead of find waldo. its find the PVC. think the engineers has too much time on their hands or think they have a sick sense of humor
dunno.gif
. I looked all over my 4.7L V-8 dakota and wasnt in the usual spot I am use to. come to find out its in the side of the oil filler cap. right next to the heater core pipes
banghead.gif
(ouch thats hot) think this is why dodge has that white fatty gunk building up in there.

Try finding one on a GM 3800 V6. It's underneath the housing for the MAP sensor, which is off the side of the intake manifold, underneath a black cap. There's no identification, no hoses, nothing. Just a black cap with a wire sticking out. I had to ask online, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back