HELP FINDING AIR FILTER FOR THE HOUSE

One of the many air filters in my home is a 10x10x1 which is an unusual size. Im looking for a non pleated cheap fiberglass filter which lowes, depot and WM no longer carry. I have put in a couple orders from online retailers but have recently canceled because of being on back order until june. Does anyone know an online retailer that I can purchase a case or two? Most places want to sell you filters that cost 5-15 dollars each and these small cheap ones should be no more that 2 bucks each.

There was an Amazon item in the above post, I gue3ss the forum still has trouble with the URLs.

Go to Amazon and search for "B008O56XCW". The Amazon link might be your best shot, Feb 17 or 18 delivery and free shipping.

I saw those and its what im looking for but the price is too much.

Got it. It seems silly but it really is hard to find the "rock catcher" type in that size!

Up here in CT there is a place called Winnair that is an HVAC supply which sells to public. Not sure where you are in Florida, but it looks like Winsupply (similar idea) is a thing down there. They might have them.

I once bought a universal size from Home Depot, it was a plastic frame made of individual squares where you cut out the size you need. Came with a thin fairly "open" filter fabric as well. Not quite rock catcher open, but better than the pleated (my old furnace would hit high limit with pleated filters because of horribly undersized ductwork vs horribly oversized furnace)

Reactions: JC1
I saw those and its what im looking for but the price is too much.
Can you buy a larger sized one and cut it yourself to the dimensions and tape the frame with clear tape of sheathing tape? People do that for cabin filters(take a home filter and cut it into smaller filters for their vehicles).

One of the many air filters in my home is a 10x10x1 which is an unusual size. Im looking for a non pleated cheap fiberglass filter which lowes, depot and WM no longer carry. I have put in a couple orders from online retailers but have recently canceled because of being on back order until june. Does anyone know an online retailer that I can purchase a case or two? Most places want to sell you filters that cost 5-15 dollars each and these small cheap ones should be no more that 2 bucks each.
I feel your pain. I also had a hard time finding one for our place down there in March which is 23.5 x 23.5 x 1 so I ended up having the buy a Honeywell pleated filter pack. I was amazed to see all the different sizes for sale because up here there seems to be just a few AFAIK. Hopefully it's not plugged by the time I get back there.

Last edited:
Get yourself a 10x10 window screen as a backing/mount, Then get larger filters like 20x10 and cut it in half. clip a 10x10 piece to the screen, install it and get a cocktail while you revel in your ingenuity. you may even be able to find the fiberglass media by the roll for replacements.

Make your own.
HD has the washable filter kit that you can make to any size. It's a rough material, but better than the rock catcher fiberglass.

Can you buy a larger sized one and cut it yourself to the dimensions and tape the frame with clear tape of sheathing tape? People do that for cabin filters(take a home filter and cut it into smaller filters for their vehicles).

I've done this before with odd size filters. But the next common size up, cut one edge and run duct tape along it inside the vent. No problem!

Back