Hello and goodbye to my old job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about this Jay. I've seen this happen at other large companies too, they push out very long term and highly knowledgeable employees to bring in their own and basically go backwards because of it. It will be interesting to see if they make any design changes to the Fram filter line ... hopefully not to cut corners to try and make more money out of the company. The BITOG filter forum "Cut and Posts" will reveal any changes if they take place, so time will tell. Guess it might be time to think of a new high efficiency filter to go to if they screw up the Ultra.

So thanks a lot for you involvement here on BITOG, and please don't be a stranger and keep on posting when you can. Good luck in your future endeavors, I'm sure you'll find something fitting to move on to next given all your experience in the automotive field.
cheers3.gif

Sorry to hear this Jay, it will be Fram/Tricos loss...

I'm sure you will land on your feet, I like to think the good ones do.

Originally Posted by addyguy
Well, I guess that answers if the merger will cause job losses. Very sorry to hear about it, Jay.

How about a BITOG boycott of Fram in support of a guy who did a lot to promote Fram, and deserved their respect?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hades yeah !!!!!!!!!!
This will be my way of going forward.

Jay take care of yourself.. . And you will find your way. You deserve the very best.

Sincerely,.
Bradley

That sucks....Sorry jay...
frown.gif

That is a lot of Auto know how...shouldn't be too bad finding something around here...

Depending on where you live:

MANN (Novi)
NTN (Farmington Hills)
Panasonic automotive (Novi)

Are all actively hiring....wishing you the best-let us know where you land!!

Corporate America, the rows of the fat cats at work here once again! Sorry to hear you getting the boot! Hopefully you get a nice unemployment benefit in the meantime until you find something else.

Good luck, man. I haven't really spoken with you about Fram matters, you are a stand-up guy from what I read here. :heart:

Good luck to you. I doubt a non compete can be enforced when THEY let you go through no fault of your own due to restructuring.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Good luck Jay. Sounds like information technology and marketing experience might be the ticket. Think beyond auto parts!
smile.gif

Lots of Facebook advertising for mom n pop businesses.

Best of luck from a fellow SE Michigander. Your insight was one of the reasons I have Frams in my filter stash.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wings&wheels
Good luck Motorking.

I was recently also severed as result of an acquisition, and while disruptive, transitions like this can lead to better situations. You will be fine!

Absolutely. More often than not, a setback ends up being an avenue to a blessing. It sure has in my life! Best wises, Jay!

Best of luck. Thanks for all your contributions to the site. Let us know how it goes and when you find something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back