Hello and goodbye to my old job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear this.
It was nice to have somebody on the "inside" that had factual knowledge of things to share.

Good luck with your job search and your little side endeavor Jay. Hopefully you got at least a little severance pay.

So I am guessing Trico has their own sales and marketing team, but seems odd to get rid of the entire old group, they may know a thing or two about the product the new owners don't/

Sorry to hear about your situation. Thank you very much for your contributions to this forum over the years! Fram XG's have been my "go to" filter for years - although Racing filters on the Cougar.
as far as non-compete: my lawyer, legal friends, and my two employment law classes are pretty universal that, as long as you are not unethically sharing trade secrets or customers, that non-competes are difficult to enforce in court. that most courts do not want to stand in the way of your employment Besides, a legal term called "consideration" is questionable - what are they giving you in return? Severance is usually based on years of employment - which positions it as more of a reward - than a deterrent to competing.

Regardless, thank you again and good luck!

Originally Posted by maxdustington
How hilarious would it be if MANN/Hummel hired him to run damage control on BITOG?

Or Tearolator!

No Bueno for Fram. Nothing good comes to the end product when they lose experience. IMO I would rather do business with a steady player. Can not imagine the morale of the workforce when things like that happens.

I'm not going to bash a company for Jay's misfortune. I'll tell you that I'm not a big FRAM guy. I will use their Ultra oil filters. Just like Jay said, he has friends and associates that work there. If you like their products, keep buying them. TRICO Products will be making some changes that some may not like. There may be other changes that will benefit the consumer.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you. I hope Trico dismissing the entire sales and marketing department isn't a bad sign. I'd had for them to dump Fram back down the toilet just when they were getting turned around in the right direction. I may need to stock up on a bunch of XG3506 filters.

Sorry to see you lose your job, and good luck in your job search
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Oily_Thing
Originally Posted by maxdustington
How hilarious would it be if MANN/Hummel hired him to run damage control on BITOG?

Or Tearolator!

If you do some research you will find that M&H owns Purolator.

Sorry to hear that Jay. Sometimes a setback in life is just the lord steering us into a new an better direction! I hope that is the case for you!
I have never been a huge fan of Fram filters, but reading your posts on here over the years gave me some faith there were some knowledgeable folks at the company and I viewed the company in a better light than I used to.

Good luck, Jay-I know you can't comment, but I hope this isn't a bad sign of things to come for Fram under Trico's new ownership! We all saw what happened to Purolator (and is happening to Wix) when Mann & Hummel took them over...

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Good luck, Jay-I know you can't comment, but I hope this isn't a bad sign of things to come for Fram under Trico's new ownership! We all saw what happened to Purolator (and is happening to Wix) when Mann & Hummel took them over...

Of course it's a sign.

I'll pass on Fram.

Originally Posted by Motorking
Hello fellow BITOG'ers,
Afraid to say my time with FRAM has come to an end. The Trico Group (yes, the wiper company) has purchased FRAM Group and promptly let the entire sales and marketing staff go.

Wow!
Wish I knew the reason why.

My company Tenneco bought Federal Mogul and sold the Anco Brand to Trico very recently as well. They also shut down some Monroe / Rancho shock locations in Hartwell, GA and Canada. There seems to be quite a bit more with mergers recently in other companies too. Elimination of competition is usually not so good for consumers.

Might try looking into the new "Federal Mogul" now call DR1V or driv as I call it. They spent alot of money making sure this name wasn't in violation of any copyrights.

Jay - many thanks for the advice and help over the past few years. It is a rare thing for a company to have a representative join a public forum and not only post their contact information, but be active and answer all questions posed publicly and privately. I guess I need to stock up on some XG10575 filters before Trico hoses up FRAM or sells it to M&H.

Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors and I am certain this is but a speed bump in the road.

Good luck to you sir. It so often is the case new leaders rush in and change out the good people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back