hella 9007's bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hella makes good bulbs and lamps. I just wouldn't use a blue tinted bulb no matter who makes it.

Quote:

Hella doesn't make bulbs, they package other's stuff. You can get the right stuff here http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

Uh...Hella does make their own bulbs. I've got two H4 bulbs that came with a pair of Hella aftermarket headlamps and they are clearly stamped on the base "Hella."

Virtually all of Hella's bulb production is now in China at Hella Changchun Development Lighting (HCDL).

Quote:

g-man, would you say silverstars ultra's or hella's are the best bulb?

Quality wise, they are probably equal. I've never used either company's "blue" bulbs, so I can't comment on performance.

Hella mostly has their bulbs made by a Korean subcontractor though China maybe growing, but they also buy from Osram & Philips

Philips is going thru the same, the newer 9004 bulbs are from China since its a discontinued bulb

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
today i saw hella brand bulbs at advance auto today...9007 is wjat i use these are rated at 55w/65/ blue tinted..your opinions? are they like silverstars?

I believe you're refering to Hella's 'High Performance' series bulbs. I've had a set of them(9004s) in my Volvo for over 2yrs now. The blue tint on the bulb itself is very subtle and doesn't really translate over to the illumination color. The only time I really notice a mild blue color is in the fringe illumination with the high beams on. These bulbs replaced a set of original Silverstars which only lasted ~1yr. I'd say that the overall optic quality of them is comparable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back