Heat Wave here in Cent Cal.

Getting Hot! hot for the valley, not as hot as the desert areas but hot enough to keep you inside. 🥵
IMG_0148.JPG

We're getting similar temperatures in interior parts of the San Francisco Bay Area. Maybe 107ºF in places like Walnut Creek or Livermore. I live closer to San Francisco Bay and it's high 80s.

Death Valley is pretty reasonable at about 121ºF. I say that as someone who remembers being there when it was 126ºF.

How can we charge our electric vehicles? Years ago I lived in palo Cedro Calif and it got up to118. it was amazing. The California heat will arrive here Monday or Tuesday next week.

Last edited:
How can we charge our electric vehicles? Years agoi lived in palo Cedro Calif and it gotup to118. it was amazing. The California heat will arrive here Monday or Tuesday next week.

Could have done it with the nuclear plants that got shut down... ;)

Going to get real fun once the sun goes down, 24GW of gas and very little wind (~30% right now, was much lower earlier).

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 7.53.23 PM.png

Plenty warm here too. We often see 102 or so. Been 110-111 most of the day with a patch of 114 according to the thermometer in the FJ.

Hottest I have been in was 122 about 10 years ago.

Currantly dining outside since indoor dining is still banned.

Thankfully the Toyota ac works well

I like how solar drops out at night. Hey, wait a minute! :D

I interviewed at a solar equipment company once. I asked if they worked with any storage systems and was told that their philosophy on that would be that the user would get credits and that would pay for power from the grid when the sun was down. However, it's been a while and I found that they've since started integrating their equipment with battery systems.

It's breaking records in the Bay Area as well. I think it was 106* in Los Gatos yesterday.
Made 98* today seem down right comfortable.

Supposed to be 92°F here or something insane tomorrow. **** glad I put AC in several years ago. The predicted high was 87°F today. Got up to 84°F max at my place. Knocked off all outdoor activities. Now on the patio 73°F. Beer tasting really good.

Supposed to be 92°F here or something insane tomorrow. **** glad I put AC in several years ago. The predicted high was 87°F today. Got up to 84°F max at my place. Knocked off all outdoor activities. Now on the patio 73°F. Beer tasting really good.

I was staying at a friend's house a few years ago in your area (near Redmond). No A/C and the house was heavily insulated for winter. Similar temps to right now. We opened the windows and were still sweating up a storm. I also visited once around Christmas and it snowed. Go fig.

Back