Heat gun recommendation

JC1

Hi guys

My cheap heat gun died. Its a cheap 2 temp model. I see a few better options on amazon.

I'm looking for one with more temperature settings.

What do you guys recommend?

I know a lot of people that have a Makita heat gun they really like them. I have a old Black and Decker one from an estate sale it works fine too. I think if i was buying new based on reviews and everything I’ve heard I’d get Makita.

Reactions: JC1
I have a Steinel "kit"; the predecessor to this unit. Works well for me. Probably not the cheapest one out there... but I don't remember the $.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210110-121056.png
    Screenshot_20210110-121056.png
    291.4 KB · Views: 10
Having had a few cheaper models which were OK, the only brand I'll ever buy these days is the Master Varitemp. Yes they are on the more costly side, but that's the type of tool that will perform 100% indefinitely and is modular in design so any single part can be replaced IF anything ever gives out. Might be overkill for some tasks/budgets, but I strongly believe there is nothing better and many can't come close to what it offers. I've pushed mine quite hard on a very regular basis for years without a single issue.

It is indeed realy nice having a model that is fully variable. I can second the recommendation for Steinel but they tend to be pricey. If you don't need it right away and can wait for a sale at Canadian Tire, I have used this model at work and it seems to work well:

Thanks. Not going to pay that insane amount of money for a heat gun. I think Canadian Tire calls their tool line "Maximum", so they can charge maximum prices for Chineseum tools.

Hi guys

My cheap heat gun died. Its a cheap 2 temp model. I see a few better options on amazon.

I'm looking for one with more temperature settings.

What do you guys recommend?
I used heat guns in an industrial setting. Hence my selection of a Milwaukee, with the nozzle kit, for home shop use.
Vary the heat beyond the two settings by holding the gun closer or further from the object you're working on.

I would just get whatever Harbor Freight offered or some other cheap model that had the accessories that I wanted. IMO heat guns are a disposable item, but keep the accessories for the next gun.

I would just get whatever Harbor Freight offered or some other cheap model that had the accessories that I wanted. IMO heat guns are a disposable item, but keep the accessories for the next gun.
Yeah I'm on the other side of the US border and it's been closed since last March. The heat gun is on my list of what to get this year.

Well you're half wright. Buy from harbor fail and yes you'll be tossing it in short order.
A good quality gun will last decades.

Back