HDEO and MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say I really wanted to clean my engine. I am using PP and MMO right now. After running a carfax I see that my car used to be a rental car and now I really want to clean it out slowly without ARX. I would like to use a good HDEO and MMO to maximize cleaning. What is a good 5w-30 HDEO? Shell Rotella? This is for a 2003 IS300 with 115k.

Last edited:
Pennzoil platnum and MMO = enough. Try LC20 or ARX? HDEO isnt going to make much difference.

Ok then I'll just run some 3k oci's with the PP or M1, whichever is on sale at that point in time, and MMO for awhile.

Originally Posted By: Dr_No
Pennzoil platnum and MMO = enough. Try LC20 or ARX? HDEO isnt going to make much difference.

How long of an OCI with MMO. You are talking about a quart of MMO or less will do. I have no experience with MMO in the crank case because flash point is very low so there must be something about MMO I'm missing. How does MMO work?

For first time MMO use my dad would tell people to do this. 1 pint about 1000 miles before the scheduled oil change. You can continue doing this, or during the winter months he'd run a quart for the full OCI. Our cars were considered severe service, so we followed the suggested OCI for severe service. PP and MMO is fine, you can add it to any oil you'd like.

MMO will soften carbon and sludge and remove it. Give it time it works!

AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back