Hazard-Fraught-Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
A HF "Chonda" powered my old Ariens 524 snowblower to keep my driveway clear this winter. I wanted to hate it, but its perfect performance has earned my respect. It could die tomorrow, and I would just go get another one. If you want to buy American stuff, try Tractor Supply Center.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
I hated HF with a passion for years. But then over time every tool available seemed to also be made in China. I bought some hammer drills, the big heavy duty kind and they are good quality and were cheap. Also a heavy duty corded drill, seems to be as good as any. They won, we lost. I was totally willing to pay more for a USA made tool, but there seems to be very few for sale now. I suppose it employs some sales staff here, but I am more interested in employing the people making the tools on the factory floors.

Yes, I want to support fellow Americans by buying their goods if they enjoy what they do, are good at it and make a good wage, but I am in no position to buy a $120 3/8ths ratchet from SO, so I just make do with an overseas one for a tenth of the price.

And dont get me wrong, you got to pay to play and I would rather them sell just a few built right for many $$$ instead of catering to the masses by selling lower quality for $80. I am proud they-Snap On, Matco, Cornwell and Mac are keeping the tools they like building in the US. I understand there may be some tools that they do not wish to build and it is ok to send elsewhere to someone who does want to build them.....that and/or we dont want to use up our metal ore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back