Hazet 166C Tool Cart

@Trav brought this idea to my attention in a previous thread.

Apparently, the 166C is a newer and larger version of the 166N.

The 166C also appears to be better-built than the Beta C27 but the price is absolutely staggering.

Does anyone own a 166C? I would be interested in seeing photos of your setup. I really like the size, portability and aftersales support of these trolleys - but the price gives me pause.

1703702710863.png

(Photo is borrowed from Jens Putizer Tools)

Additional Photos from GJ:

Last edited:
It certainly looks impressive and heavy duty casters looks very nice. A Milwaukee packout can be had cheaper, lighter, more customizable, and drawers would be easier to access vs the vertical expansion. I've been relatively happy with several Dewalt Tstaks which are even cheaper.

These are the most common cart in German garages a true staple in the industry, all are good. I have an old timer a 162N while similar it is not comparable to the new ones, just simple trays no real possibility for foam inserts like the newer 166C which I understand is more popular with aviation guys.
Today if I was looking for one from Hazet I would buy the 166N, it is very similar to the 162N in its all metal construction and the original design. It will be the last one you ever buy but they have a price. Used is the best bet IMO
These are heavy when loaded with tools, they are not easy to load in a vehicle for mobile work.

I can see the use it may serve for some but for me, I prefer a regular style tool cart with a large top with lid and drawers like you can get from HF for a few hundred bucks. No bending down to get stuff and more room in my opinion.

@Trav brought this idea to my attention in a previous thread.

Apparently, the 166C is a newer and larger version of the 166N.

The 166C also appears to be better-built than the Beta C27 but the price is absolutely staggering.

Does anyone own a 166C? I would be interested in seeing photos of your setup. I really like the size, portability and aftersales support of these trolleys - but the price gives me pause.

View attachment 195065

(Photo is borrowed from Jens Putizer Tools)

Additional Photos from GJ:
OMG!!!!! Is that Trick or what!
Slick, Handy, nice to have, stores out of the way, a good Idea, neat little tool, (I could go on and on.........Your'e welcome!)

The full bank as they call it in the HF world is impossible to beat for 499 when on sale. Normal of 599 is outstanding as well.

Not as big as the tool truck big carts but a heck of a lot cheaper

Likely best value out there could fit quite a bit of everyday tools in one

For now, this is my poor man’s Hazet - $100 plastic cart.

View attachment 204238

I am still on the fence between the Hazet and just getting a real service cart with drawers.
Isn’t the purpose of a service cart to get the stuff you have in drawers and on shelves and get it to where you’re working?

To that end, anything with more than two drawers would seem like a waste.

To cite my favorite store, something like this:

IMG_4563.jpeg

Any more drawers would seem like a big waste. Light, agile, and some flat space to put junk is what you want. Seems like that plastic cart is a good compromise.

Last edited:
Isn’t the purpose of a service cart to get the stuff you have in drawers and on shelves and get it to where you’re working?

View attachment 204473

Any more drawers would seem like a big waste. Light, agile, and some flat space to put junk is what you want.
I have the older version of exactly that. Well OK my HF carts has two drawers, but it works great. Has for at least 15 years!

View attachment 204473

Any more drawers would seem like a big waste. Light, agile, and some flat space to put junk is what you want. Seems like that plastic cart is a good compromise.
Nah, just depends on what you want. I had the 5-drawer HF cart and couldn't stand the open space at the bottom. It's an inefficient use of space for hand tools and specialty diagnostic tools. I wanted more drawers for more organization and to be able to slide my tools out into plain view rather than fumbling under a cart.

HOWEVER, if you define a cart as bulk storage, then YOU are correct. It sounds like this is what Critic wants for his power bleeder, etc.

Neither approach is incorrect, it's just if you want blondes or brunettes.

To me a "service cart" brings my most used tools to my work. For others a cart is essentially a rolling table with undefined space. For others a cart may store their power bleeder, smoke machine and grease guns (or whatever).

Nah, just depends on what you want. I had the 5-drawer HF cart and couldn't stand the open space at the bottom. It's an inefficient use of space for hand tools and specialty diagnostic tools. I wanted more drawers for more organization and to be able to slide my tools out into plain view rather than fumbling under a cart.

HOWEVER, if you define a cart as bulk storage, then YOU are correct. It sounds like this is what Critic wants for his power bleeder, etc.

Neither approach is incorrect, it's just if you want blondes or brunettes.

To me a "service cart" brings my most used tools to my work. For others a cart is essentially a rolling table with undefined space. For others a cart may store their power bleeder, smoke machine and grease guns (or whatever).
But it sounds like you’re trying to use it for bulk storage.

At least how I use carts is to take stuff out of it’s organized locations, and just have the right things on a small work space for the task at hand.

Otherwise it’s just a smaller tool box - would the user ever unpack it??!?

I certainly wouldn’t want to put a bunch of things into drawers, and then unpack it again out of the drawers next time. But as you say, neither definition is incorrect. It may be helpful for @The Critic to weigh in a bit more on intended use.

Your definition where it’s where you keep the most used tools is a great option if that’s OP’s intent. But it seems this would be better suited to a large work space, dealer service center with 20 bays type of thing, than in a two car garage where everything is a few steps/feet away, I don’t know that I see the point other than maybe space efficiency…?

Back