Havoline Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up six of the 5qt jugs of Havoline High Mileage 5w/20 from Amazon when it was on sale (about $1.88/qt). Looking to mix it with a synthetic; 3 qts Havoline HiMi to 2qts synthetic for a synthetic blend. Campbell's Supply has Havoline DS 0w/20 for $4.60 per quart. Wal-Marts individual quarts of conventional oil run $4.47 per quart. Can Havoline Synthetic be purchased any cheaper? Are there any other good choices to mix with the Havoline?

PQIA 2013

I'd say most of the SOPUS oils are pretty close. The Formula Shell Synthetic is pretty close. Though finding that on sale isn't easy either. Maybe QSUD carrying a $7 rebate the rest of the year? Their 5W-20 is a good oil.

Are you sure that Havoline HM isn't a syn blend already, even if not labeled as such?

Pretty sure the Havoline HM is not synthetic blend. Mixing gives me ten oil changes as opposed to six and will hopefully increase the longevity and cold flow of the blend.

I mixed Havoline HM 10W30 with Havoline synthetic 5W20 and used it on my van 2-3 years ago for about 6K, just as good as any other oil. Got the Havoline HM at Walmart with a coupon and Havoline synthetic at AAP, they used to run the special 5qts with a pure one for $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back