HAVOLINE® PRO-DS® FULL SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL

Checked my local WalMart today - 5W30 and 5W20 boxes on the shelf were still GF-5, with production dates showing July 30, 2020.

i think they just updated the labeling on their website, so I’d expect a slow transition over the next couple months.

Glad I went back to Mobil1 for my last oil change. I’ll give the SP smart change box another shot when the transition is complete.
Chevron lubetek representative told me they started manufacturing SP September 1.

They didn’t publish Noack figures this time around either, similar to what some of the others have started to do. Maybe they feel it’s redundant since the specification calls for Noack to be below a certain percentage?

I believe you are likely correct in this.

Cam2 Superpromax semi synthetic lists the Noack less than 13 percent. Which makes sense to me because they say it has the approval for ACEA A5/B5... Good enough for me.

I see the stuff carries the dexos certification. Maybe I'll see if my local WM has these 6-qt. packs, pick up a good filter, and have them ready for the change in December.

Did it work as well as Super Tech?

Havoline Pro DS works better for sure...

Supertech has the single wide trailer approval on it meaning it does not work quite has well as other similarly rated oils. Look for the single wide trailer symbol on the containers. Just above the UPC code.

:LOL:

Havoline Pro DS works better for sure...

Supertech has the single wide trailer approval on it meaning it does not work quite has well as other similarly rated oils. Look for the single wide trailer symbol on the containers. Just above the UPC code.

:LOL:
I was being sarcastic with JJ. Guess you didn't quite get it.

Back