Havoline "Lifelong" ProDS Oil

I wonder how many people will equate "lifelong" on the box, with never needs to be changed? I had to research it a bit to see what they were referring to.

Seems like a poor phrase for marketing. I think "any vehicle mileage" would add some context.

Pulled this image off Walmart's website:

Untitled.jpg

Good ol marketing bs. Still my oil of choice for the Ranger though. Depending on how I feel, the Honda's get it or the HM version.

Is this the one you can use for high mileage engines as well….think it might be…

Pretty sure it's just a relabeling of the Pro-DS with no other changes.

*EDIT* The Dexos License number changed, may well be slightly more than just a name change.

The question in the board meeting.... With two words how can we increase sales of our ProDs line of oil?

The question in the board meeting.... With two words how can we increase sales of our ProDs line of oil?

They did it in one. :) Got 2X the bonus.

I wonder of lifelong is a alternate way of saying "all mileage" but it implies more. Of course, if you engine locks up 10 minutes after you change the oil it is a life long oil change. :)

Just like lifetime warranties on transmissions. The lifetime of the transmission. Once it breaks you are out of warranty. :)

I guess this oil will be good for my 2021 Canyon 3.6L V6. Having a hard time finding oil I want as there seems to be a shortage. I've used M1 for almost thirty years and wanted to use M1 5-30 in my truck. Looks like at Walmart my choice is Havoline, Valvoline or Supertech. I think any of these would be good for 5,000 mile OCI's. I did read somewhere the Valvoline wasn't a good choice for the 3.6L because of crud build up over time, not sure of that with any synthetic oil though. Amazon is now the same price as Walmart to the penny. Also was thinking of Rotella GT 5-30.

I guess this oil will be good for my 2021 Canyon 3.6L V6. Having a hard time finding oil I want as there seems to be a shortage. I've used M1 for almost thirty years and wanted to use M1 5-30 in my truck. Looks like at Walmart my choice is Havoline, Valvoline or Supertech. I think any of these would be good for 5,000 mile OCI's. I did read somewhere the Valvoline wasn't a good choice for the 3.6L because of crud build up over time, not sure of that with any synthetic oil though. Amazon is now the same price as Walmart to the penny. Also was thinking of Rotella GT 5-30.
I have about 5k miles on Havoline 0W20 Pro DS FS in my 2013 CRV now and everything is running fine. No different than any other brand that I've run.

Back