Havoline filters at Freds

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a grand opening in my town of the first Freds in this area and they're offering Havoline filters for a $1.69. I've searched this site and it appears they're made by Purolator (which I use on 3 vehicles), but are they equivalent to the Premium Plus or have they cut corners for this filter (less media, quality).

Havoline oil is also $1.05/qt during the opening.

[ June 30, 2005, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: mike1qaz ]

I'd say get a few while you can. Purolator makes good filters, even at the "generic" or economy level. Havoline oil is good too.
Personally, I'd get plenty.

I've used the fred's havoline oil filter. I got them for 1.50 for sale. used them for over two years, they held up nicely. no start up noise or anything. only reason why I quit using them was because I got free bosch filters and buy one get one free advance auto grip filters.

I cut open a Havoline oil filter a few months back. It came off a 1994 Chevy Blazer 4.3L V6. The filter was in service for a little over a year & only had approx. 1000 miles on it.

The oil was bulk 5w30 dino from a Havoline Xpress lube center. The filter was well constructed inside.

There were no tears, no waviness, nothing unusual at all. That's why I didn't bother to take any pics. The ADBV still functioned perfectly. I left it sitting on my oil drain pan for several days, & it was still full of oil when I cut it open.

The vehicle was driven infrequently in North Alabama. Temps ranged from as low as 5°F in winter to 100°F in summer. I would snatch up several if you can get them for $1.69. That may be one of the best values going right now. I'd also pick up as much of the Havoline oil as I could reasonably use; $1.05/qt. is a great deal on Havoline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back