Havoline 5w30, 4850 mi., 2004 Mitsubishi Diamante

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: afoulk
I think Havoline is generally on the thin side to begin with isn't it? Looks like it did good. I'm thinking about trying it in my jeep when I go back to conventional.

According to the PDS, Havoline starts out at 9.7 (and one VOA I saw had it at 9.6), so yes it's on the thin side to start with.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
TBN is good for another 1000mi easy - but a 6 mo OCi sound like a good plan. Now, stop doing UOA and save some $$. OTW, buy some redline or amsoil and do 1X yearly OCI on that UOA money you're saving! Your Aussi Diamante has NO MILES on it for an 04, how did that happen? Retirement?

It was my father in law's car. He bought it used in Dec 2004 with 14k miles on it. Sadly, he passed away in April 2008, and since my mother in law doesn't drive, we bought the car from her. It had 24k miles at that time. So my FIL only put 10k miles on the car in the 3 1/2 yrs he had it. He just drove it short trips to church, store, doctor, and bowling alley. I've put more than that on it in the 16 months I've had it. Been a great car so far - can't complain. Starting to think about a timing belt job - just hate to do it with only 36k miles, BUT it is 5 1/2 yrs old and I live in a hot climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back