Having trouble finding a K&N replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking into the Amsoil air filters to replace the air filter on my Roush. Many say it is a K&N, but it is actually a non-oiled filter, gray in color. However, there is a K&N number with the correct dimensions of the filter. Is it actually a K&N? I don't think so, but anyways, I couldn't find a replacement?

Looking for a K&N part number RU-2590 replacement, if there is one.

Oh, perhaps I should have titled it "alternative." I can find the K&N filter, not an Amsoil replacement, or aFe Dry Flo S to replace it with. The car came with the intake system, and I don't plan on replacing it just to use a "regular" filter.

I can go one size up, but it is my understanding it is a major PITA to get it into the fender vs. the just PITA it is with the filter that is a bit smaller. UGH!!! I can only find a Kool Blue in the same size. I guess I'm stuck. Two days of searching with no results for anything.

That would work. The height is 2" shorter, but an easy fix. The main things I need are the base OD and the flange ID. The base OD is the biggie as that is what I have to get through the fender. The 5.375" already drags on the fender a bit when you remove/install it. I may have to see about possibly widening the hole in the fender it seems. That will be a project for another day though. It seems that will be the only way to get a filter other than a K&N in there. Thanks for checking on that! :)

Yeah, that's a 6"x4". I think to save myself from having to cut the inner fender up, I'll just go with a Roush filter again since I don't want a K&N. This is all depending on the results of the UOA of course. The filter is a bit banged up from pulling it in and out of the fender over the years, and the previous owner/dealership probably not being as careful as they could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back