Have you used Goodyear Assurance Weather Ready tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Brigadier
Originally Posted by UG_Passat
Originally Posted by 4WD
I would not ask questions about Goodyear tires on this site ... all the howler monkeys will get loud - and it will not be related to the model you ask about ...

You forgot a key part.... they will recommend a Michelin tire instead, in this case, the CrossClimate

Or the General RT43 ad nauseum

Honestly, the only thing bringing down the signal to noise ratio in this thread is you three. Try reading the rest of the posts.

The Goodyear Weather Ready tires are an ALL WEATHER tire. Which means they are built as a TRUE all season tire, with much better WINTER performance than an average all season tire, as seen by the 3 peak / mountain snowflake label. They get the better winter performance by using a more aggressive tread pattern, typically a deeper starting tread depth ... and A MUCH SOFTER RUBBER COMPOUND .

So, you get decent all round performance, including, relatively speaking, good winter performance, usually at the expense of tread life (remember that soft rubber compound ). More so in a hot climate ...

Where I live in Canada, we have winter 6 months of the year, and these tires make sense for many people, and are very popular, along with Toyo Celsius and Nokian WRG3's, both ALL WEATHER tires as well.

You live in Florida ... why are you considering ALL WEATHER tires, instead of a "regular" all season ?

Last edited:
Michelins are the greatest tires in the world!

Only buy Chinese tires.......

Originally Posted by geeman789
The Goodyear Weather Ready tires are an ALL WEATHER tire. Which means they are built as a TRUE all season tire, with much better WINTER performance than an average all season tire, as seen by the 3 peak / mountain snowflake label. They get the better winter performance by using a more aggressive tread pattern, typically a deeper starting tread depth ... and A MUCH SOFTER RUBBER COMPOUND .

So, you get decent all round performance, including, relatively speaking, good winter performance, usually at the expense of tread life (remember that soft rubber compound ). More so in a hot climate ...

Where I live in Canada, we have winter 6 months of the year, and these tires make sense for many people, and are very popular, along with Toyo Celsius and Nokian WRG3's, both ALL WEATHER tires as well.

You live in Florida ... why are you considering ALL WEATHER tires, instead of a "regular" all season ?

I've been burned so hard by Nokian on WRG3's that I automatically discount any tire listed as "all weather", and just go with all-seasons. What "all weather" means to me is "does about the same on ice/snow as a great all-season, but does terrible at everything else and will probably be loud AF and not balance." Of course, that's just my experience with Nokian, so a better brand like Goodyear/Michelin may well nail it down.

Oh, so you arranged some electrons - I have probably owned more Goodyear tires than most on this site (other than contractors) ... Just get tired of exaggerations ...
Having a great run with a set now ... lots of time in the rain ...
Ok, will now ask an opinion about Goodyear tires on this site: How are yours working out ?

Somewhat off topic but not entirely. If interested in a purchase of GY WeatherReady, ComforTred or others, DT and DTD have an additional $60 rebate offer good through Saturday. For the two mentioned tires, if combined with the current GY and DT/DTD CC rebate, ~ $180 for the CT, ~$200 for the WR back in rebates. DT rebates easiest I've ever done, online with invoice number all that's needed.

Have them on my Lincoln and my elantra and daughter has them on her Prius. She gets excellent wear out of them and I have so far. I don't put many miles on anymore and age is more of a factor in my replacement policy than tread depth. So, for my purposes they are fine although in wet weather I am not entirely pleased with the grip. Local dealer has met online prices and is more competitive with Discount tire, Tire Discounter etc so basically leased with them

I'm using these right now, loving them! They give quiet and comfortable rides in my opinion.

I've always trusted reviews on Tire Rack, and they are also giving great reviews on these tires.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by KalapanaBlack
The last generation of Continentals were mind blowing out of the gate, but none even got close to their mileage targets and most got very noisy as the wore.

I had Contis before I swapped them for Weatherready.

Contis were comfortable and quiet, however, there wasn't any tread warranty on mine. They wore down quick and became crazy loud. I had to change them out at 30k miles.

Originally Posted by CKN
Michelins are the greatest tires in the world!

Only buy Chinese tires.......

So... What exactly is your point? Are you referring to anything in this thread? I see only honest experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back