Have you ever owned a "dream" car you really wanted?

Of all of the cars I've had, only two I'd consider 'dream' cars;
1) Land Rover Series III-Always wanted one since I was a child, had toys of them, etc., never really saw them growing up. Too much time watching Wild Kingdom, Born Free and similar w/ parents and grandparents.
2) Air cooled 911-Even after we bought our water cooler 996 in 2002, I longed for a G body 911, wide body preferred. Found our 993 late last year...close enough to count.
View attachment 145433
I love those Land Rovers!

Is it bad I think of a single dream car/truck? Hardly any race tracks now and speeding tickets are expensive, off roading ehh I grew up on farm I'll pass. I'd say my dream vehicle is the RV is have now.. growing up gpa and gma always had a Class C and took us grandkids alot of places. I dreamed of doing of traveling and so far I've alot of views out of the windows you can't get from a hotel. Next dream would probably be another 28ft C only lifted and 4x4, harder to do with a Chevy chassis or I would. Might lift it 6 inches though and put a locker in.

Love cars; so many I can’t count, but a few oddball ones:
1986-1987 Oldsmobile Firenza GT V-6. Almost bought one as my first car, probably should have, only seen 2 in person since then.
1974-1978 Mustang II. Yeah, I know, I can’t explain it, but I have always loved them from when I was little.
AMC Gremlin, Dads best friend had a ‘76 for 11 years and then gave it to him. My dad junked it as it was old and worn, I wanted to fix it back up. I just always thought it was a neat car, you didn’t see them too often.

Man so many to choose from. I have had Opels on and off for years. In my head I "built" a Kadett B. 2door sedan, a body style very rare in the U.S. Yellow. Opels need to be yellow in my world. 1.1 pushrod motor, not the 1.9 cammer. 1.1 had to have the dual carb option. Years later it appeared on ebay. Daily drove it for years before retiring and moving to the salt belt where it resides in the barn until spring. Others on the list, GAZ 13 Chaika, Powell Sportwagon, Sabra Sport, any Gilbern, a cockroach Nash Ambassador, Checker Aerobus, a step down Hudson, Caterham Super 7, and a bunch more that interest me in one way or another.

I’d like a Mercedes SL. I’ll have one some day. Collection is too big right now…

I always wanted a stealth/3000GT VR-4/Supra. My parents and brother had a 3000GT VR-4 for many years. It was a nice car, big, scratched the itch even for me.

Not yet:(

Three:
1. As I stated in another topic, I became a BMW enthusiast in 1971(at the age of 14) after seeing an ad in Car and Driver for the Bavaria and learning of its ability to cruise at 120 mph. In 1983 my girlfriend(now wife of 37 years) found me this 1973 Bavaria which I promptly bought:
full-176-44138-1973_bavaria.jpg

2. My 1988 M6- which I stupidly sold:
full-176-46082-1988_m6.jpg

My 1975 2002- bought 40 years after I first read Turn Your Hymnals to 2002 by David E. Davis Jr.:
1679109347290.jpeg

Last edited:
The car that I was most excited about buying was a 1990 Talon TSI AWD in 1991. 10,000 miles, basically perfect. In my 21-year-old eyes, it was the perfect car.
I liked and respected those Diamond-Star Motors cars back in the day as well. I always wanted a 1993 Mustang 5.0 coupe and in 2006 I found one. Still have it today running smoother than a Georgia peach:)
Ah the 90's lol.

I've never really had the desire for a dream car such as a Ferrari or Lambo, etc, etc, etc.
However, we've had some nice vehicles.

My first ever car was a candy apple red 67 GTO convertible with a black top and had AC. As well.
Dream car....not really but others liked it.. Back then it needed some work and as a kid I really didn't make enough money to fully fix it up.
I'd like to have it now though.

I’d like a Mercedes SL. I’ll have one some day. Collection is too big right now…

I always wanted a stealth/3000GT VR-4/Supra. My parents and brother had a 3000GT VR-4 for many years. It was a nice car, big, scratched the itch even for me.
I really like the R107. A classic.

Spent some time fixing up one owned by a friend. Engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, and interior work.

Skip the 75-76 model years - the cats were in the exhaust manifolds and the heat was hard on wiring and parts.

In 1966, at age 19, I sold everything I owned and bought a 1964 Corvette Sting Ray convertible. It had a solid lifter 327 with a lumpy idle and a 6500 rpm red line, Bright red.

Had that car for 10 years and 200,000 miles, and sold it for more than I paid.

Wish I still had it.
Love to hear that you essentially drove it everywhere. That's your confidence in the car,your maintenance regiment,and a lil luck from the car god's. Thanks for sharing!

Back