Have I got a strange problem for you to solve ----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Linctex

I can't believe you guys....
chasing Evap system parts when the tank won't fill?!?!?!!?

ALL AUTO FUEL FILL TUBES are independently vented

some have a "tube inside a tube" for venting

He already posted that the issue was fixed. One of the mechanics left an EVAP line pinched off.
And yea, I don't know why it doesn't vent out there too; Ive seen this same issue with trouble filling on cars where the person topped off until they pushed raw gas into the EVAP canister, totally blocking it off and then they couldnt get gas into the tank unless pumping rediculously slow.
I myself had a vent valve that would on occasion stick closed when it was supposed to be open, making me pump with the nozzle just barely cracked.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Linctex

I can't believe you guys....
chasing Evap system parts when the tank won't fill?!?!?!!?

ALL AUTO FUEL FILL TUBES are independently vented
713ImAZ%2BSfL._SX355_.jpg

some have a "tube inside a tube" for venting

hqdefault.jpg

I guess we are just not as smart as you. Care to enlighten us how this works when many of the fuel nozzles have a sealing boot on them that covers the filler neck and federal law prohibits venting to the open air during filling.
Hint: Look up fuel overflow pipe, vapor return pipe, etc and go from there.

They may have phased out the boots but they didn't start allowing vapor to be released into the atmosphere like many years ago.
BTW Some other countries still use boots, the EPA does not set world standards.

Edit:

Quote:
The EPA says the vapor-capturing fuel pumps are redundant because more than 70% of all cars on the road today are equipped with on-board systems that capture the harmful vapors.

They are relying on the cars EVAP system to do the job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back