Has the Chrysler 2.7 V6 sludging been fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

As I recall, the early 2000's were notorious sludgers leading to failure early in the cars life.

Has this been fixed, and if so, what was done to alleviate the problem?

Is it a matter of parts ( PCV system replacement), and can they be retrofitted to 2001 and newer versions?

Only thing I noticed different on the newer models is a heating element in the PCV line. At least that's what I think it is. Part of the PCV tube is aluminum and has two wires coming out of it. Don't know if the LH body (Intrepid, et al) has this, but I know the Sebring/Stratus use this setup, but they also have the engine sitting transversely instead of north/south like the Intrepids.

They all seem to have weak timing chains...We've replaced them with
It has the potential to be a great engine if some of the crucial problems get fixed.

If one has been maintained well, sludge shouldn't be a problem as far as I see it. Just have to make sure the PCV valve works properly. Poor crankcase ventilation seems to be something that plagues these engines.

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

From what I have been reading, both here and the net in general, for all its potential, the 2.7 isnt quite in the same same league as my 3800 Series II.

May have to get another L36 or the newer L26 flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back