Has anybody contacted Amsoil about their warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like there are alot of people on this board that use Amsoil products. I know they warrant them against any damage they might cause to your engine. I have been using the 100:1 mix in my chain saw for a while, and I'm rather certain that it has damaged the saw. I will be contacting Amsoil about it very soon. I'm just wondering if, first, has anyone here had any problems with the 100:1 mix? And second, has anyone delt with Amsoil and their warranty? Were they easy to work with or did they try anything they could to get out of the claim?

Thanks
smile.gif

They honor the warranty, despite what you may hear.

Why do you think your premix damaged your chain saw? What are the problems?

Do you think you got a bad batch of premix oil? I haven't heard anything about any bad lots getting out. Do you have your qt. and your premixed fuel? For sure they'll need the bottle and samples of fuel.

I have used 100:1 in my 18 year old chain saw for years with zero issues. I put it my new Stihl weedwacker last summer and the thing runs perfect.

Actually, that raises an interesting point (and it's not meant at either side of the argument).

If the warranty is good, how can you advertise it with testemonials and stuff ?

e.g.

"Product X saved me millions, and I'm a satisfied"

vs

"Product X blew my motor, but they replaced it, and I'm satisfied"

quote:

Originally posted by OldJeep:
I have been using the 100:1 mix in my chain saw for a while, and I'm rather certain that it has damaged the saw.
Thanks
smile.gif

What is the nature of the damage?

Make. model, age?

How long is a while?

What oil did you run prior?

Normally in the case of an engine/transmission/differential, they'd request you save and send in an oil sample for analysis.

In the case of a two cycle application, they will want you to send in the entire engine - intact. The engine will be torn down in their lab and evaluated for signs of insufficient lubrication such as scuffing, galling, bearing polishing, as well as for signs of dirt ingestion like vertical scratches on the cylinder walls.

You will eventually wear out a two cycle engine, even with the 100:1. I managed to do that after ten years of hard use with my inexpensive Weedeater trimmer. On the other hand, my replacement, Stihl "FS-72" trimmer still runs like new after five years of 100:1 mix.

I've also been running the 100:1 mix in my Troy Built tiller that calls for a 25:1 ratio, so I'd be honestly surprised if insufficient oil is the problem.

Normally the saw doesn't get much use, but it was a hot day and I was doing a lot of cutting. After the saw (3 or 4 year old mcculloch) had run for about an hour the engine seized up. I took it apart and there is quite a lot of wear on the piston/cylinder. So far Amsoil seems to be very helpful, and are sending somethnig out to me. Does anyone know if I have to send the saw to them, will I have to pay for shipping?

What's to stop someone who ran an engine without oil from telling amsoil their oil caused it?
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back