Hard to find bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
What was wrong with the CTX700 I mentioned earlier? That Honda 670cc engine is awesome.

honda-ctx700-candy-red-right-side-800x600-610x406-c.jpg

Nothing in particular, beyond that I think they're chain drive...but they've only been out 2 years and are scarce on the used market.

One advantage of the Concours is that it's shaft drive.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

Nothing in particular, beyond that I think they're chain drive...but they've only been out 2 years and are scarce on the used market.

I see. Did not see these two mentioned on your list of requirements.

I put a lot of miles on my Versys 650 this summer. Its a good all rounder but it might be a tiny bit tall. Its seat is something like 33.5 inches up there. With a tall windscreen and heated grips its suitable for all weather.

If you mean seat height...that's GOOD! (Liz's Comet has a 32" seat.)

Honestly...a Honda GL650 would basically be her perfect bike.

Take a look at a MP3 250, 400 or 500cc scooter. We have two and love them. I also have three bikes over 1100cc but these MP3's are very fun to ride.

ROD

Originally Posted By: rrounds
Take a look at a MP3 250, 400 or 500cc scooter. We have two and love them. I also have three bikes over 1100cc but these MP3's are very fun to ride.

ROD

He said no Euro made bikes so this is out.

If she gets a scoot, it will be a Suzuki, a Honda, or a Kymco.

One she seems interested by is a Honda Pacific Coast.

Did you guys get the Honda NTV650 and 700, a.k.a Deauville? They'd tick all the boxes - full fairing, integrated panniers, shaft drive. The 700's are EFI and over here at least, came standard with ABS. Not the most exciting bike, but definitely functional and reliable.

We don't get the privilege of many cool bikes in the USA. I drool every time I see pics of the Kawasaki W800 I cannot have.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
We don't get the privilege of many cool bikes in the USA. I drool every time I see pics of the Kawasaki W800 I cannot have.

WoW didn't even know about that bike, what heck is wrong with big K not sending that here ????

Ok... Is this thread a lame joke? dude shoots down everything....
The hyosung comet looks like a bandit ripoff. Same riding position.

Jarlaxle have you considered a 2015 Touring Edition Unicorn?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FastGame
Originally Posted By: Robenstein

WoW didn't even know about that bike, what heck is wrong with big K not sending that here ????

Well they sold the carbed W650 for a VERY short time years ago. But they did not really advertise it and by the time most people figured out Kawasaki was selling a retro bike they had stopped importing them. I think that Kawasaki is afraid the retro market is too small and competition too much from Triumph to risk it. But apparently the W800 is just a beauty in fit and finish and sweet riding. I love the bevel drive cam system on it. It looks like the old BSA inspired Kawasaki 650 twins from the mid 60's

DL650 (as mentioned earlier), Honda Dullville NT700V, with the Honda more closely meeting the criteria spelled out in the OP. It is too bad that the Euro bikes are off the table for this one, as BMW and Triumph have some excellent candidates in this genre.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: WANG
DL650 (as mentioned earlier), Honda Dullville NT700V, with the Honda more closely meeting the criteria spelled out in the OP. It is too bad that the Euro bikes are off the table for this one, as BMW and Triumph have some excellent candidates in this genre.

I ride with 2 women that have Triumphs and they are nice dependable bikes. Like the Harley everything is out in the open and easy to work on. Maybe there's no Triumph dealers around Jarlaxle and that would be his concern.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Ok... Is this thread a lame joke? dude shoots down everything....
The hyosung comet looks like a bandit ripoff. Same riding position.

Jarlaxle have you considered a 2015 Touring Edition Unicorn?

I'm sorry...do you have anything to add that anyone cares about?

I thought not.

(And if you think REALLY hard, you might understand why what you observed about the Comet's riding position just MIGHT have something to do with why she wants another bike!)

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Spot on...there is nowhere nearby that we trust to service a Euro bike.

Some places around here that wont touch certain Euro bikes like Ducati, Moto Guzzi, and BMWs will actually work on Triumphs. The air and oil cooled 865cc twins are REALLY simple to work on. I did the valve check on mine recently and it took only one small special tool that was cheap. Maybe you should ask the places you do trust in your area if they would work on one if you have not already. Many of the parts on them are actually japanese and common on other bikes. The brakes on mine were Nissin, the forks on them are showa or kayaba. I used 25mm shims from a yamaha dealer to adjust the clearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back