Hard shift from 1 to 2 when hot

You can usually sneak a shallow 13mm 1/4" drive socket on an extension in there to get the rear pan bolts out, If the mount is collapsed.....Jack the trans up a little after removing the 15mm hex nut holding the mount to the crossmember to gain access & replace the mount while you're there.

There are no NEW valve bodies, Only remanufactured & good used. The TransGo TCC Regulator Valve will fix the issue IF the issue is in fact in the valve body.
I’ll give that a try while everything is out. Thanks.

One thing I did find interesting.. the filter fell out with the pan as if it wasn’t secured. Doesn’t look like there’s any fasteners to hold it in place.

Last edited:
Just an update. I ended up replacing the accumulator and all seemed well for a while then the hard shifting when hot came back although it wasn’t as bad. Still threw a CEL. It did not do it under load though while pulling a trailer or fast accelerations.

Took it to a transmission shop who is a customer of my employer. My boss has had good luck with them as well. I trust them. She needs a new transmission. $1900.

I said to go ahead and do it even though the truck is probably only worth that.

9B8C8A4E-B4BA-4696-9E11-C41D75737E00.jpeg

It’s my fault. I posted this on Facebook yesterday AM. Got the call early afternoon.

Back