Harbor Freight Settlement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone joined the class action lawsuit, I received my check in the mail today. For the hundreds I spent at Harbor Freight I got a decent chunk of change.

Expect your check soon if you're part of the class.

Is this the one where they were falsely advertising the "normal prices" of the competition?

I believe you need receipts if that matters to anyone.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Is this the one where they were falsely advertising the "normal prices" of the competition?

I believe you need receipts if that matters to anyone.

Yes indeed. I had to send in my credit card bills.

In most situations, I am opposed to the idea of class action lawsuits. Lawyers make bank and the actual consumer dosen't even break even. I shop at HF quite a bit, had heard about the lawsuit but chose to stay clear of it. Maybe was/was not the smart thing to do however glad you got something back worthwhile!

Plaintiff won $10k, administration fees awarded were $3,000,000, attorney fees $10,000,000 with a total award not to exceed $30,000,000. Since it kind of depends on how many come forward with claims. Their expectations are 1% of the 100k+ mailings that went out.

stand by for price increases to pay for this. ...You didn't think the evil doers at HF were going to pay it did you. I'm not worried about it I always felt i've paid a fair price for my purchases there.

Last edited:
I'd like to know some of the amounts of checks folks are getting. What is a "chunk"?

Most I've seen folks get on a Class Axeshun Suit is about $40.... and it was a small class, high-priced item.

Originally Posted By: Kawiguy454
stand by for price increases to pay for this. ...You didn't think the evil doers at HF were going to pay it did you. I'm not worried about it I always felt i've paid a fair price for my purchases there.

+1 Same folks standing on the mountains talking about their big settlement will be posting "why have the prices at HF gone up!!!??? I'm going back to Sea...."

smile.gif

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Curious, can anyone still fill in and qualify for it? Using receipts and all? Thank you

No, they may not.

I always took their numbers with a grain of salt anyways. Much like Kohl's and the 80% off sales on t shirts I wouldn't pay any more than their out the door price for. I guess I am failing to see the difference here.

I like their stuff, but their ads/ emails really give me the impression that they feed off the suckers. SALE NOW, LAST CHANCE etc.

Reminds me of the mattress stores that claim GOING OUT OF BUSINESS for the 30+ years they occupy the same spot (and never actually go out of business).

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I always took their numbers with a grain of salt anyways. Much like Kohl's and the 80% off sales on t shirts I wouldn't pay any more than their out the door price for. I guess I am failing to see the difference here.

I like their stuff, but their ads/ emails really give me the impression that they feed off the suckers. SALE NOW, LAST CHANCE etc.

The fear of missing out works for some.

In lieu of paying out the ssettlement, they should offer us some 20% coupons that can be used on everything including the toolboxes and jacks.

Originally Posted By: JC1
dlundblad said:
In lieu of paying out the ssettlement, they should offer us some 20% coupons that can be used on everything including the toolboxes and jacks.

Oh yeah, I hate that. "I'm sorry sir, but that coupon can be used on anything except what you're buying".
mad.gif

These consumer rip offs and frauds would occur less if we actually locked up the responsible parties instead of them just paying money.

Originally Posted By: Kawiguy454

HF charges what the market will bear, regardless of their expenses. There's also Northern Tool and some shady brands on amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back