Happy Birthday to Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My recent discovery of BITOG did not go unnoticed by those around me. My girlfriend threw me the weirdest birthday party joke I've ever had... every one of my friends brought me motor oil as a gift, except for one gal who gave me a Hello Kitty license plate holder. Yay. Haha. But after the hangover I sat down and took inventory of my new stash:

10 qts Mobil 1 5w-20
10 qts Mobil 1 0w-20
5 qts Mobil 1 AFE 0w-30
5 qts Mobil 1 EP 5w-20
5 qts Valvoline 5w-20
5 qts Valvoline 20w-50 Max Life (guess that can go into the Spitfire)
5 qts Pennzoil YB 5w-20
5 qts Pennzoil Platinum 5w-20
5 qts Castrol GTX
5 qts Chevron Supreme 5w-20
1 Hello Kitty license plate holder with matching keychain

What worries me most isn't the incredible urge to buy a bunch of ST-7317 filters and rip off a series of 100 mile OCIs. Her thoroughness in finding (mostly) suitable oils is both impressive and kind of spooky, and the 0w-30 is downright creepy--did she know I was wondering whether that might protect my new Honda better than the CAFE golden grades? Am I underestimating her about other things? Should I clean up my hard drive before she finds that, uh, stuff? Dare I accuse her of putting the Hello Kitty license plate holder on my car and watching me drive around like that for two days before I noticed? Regardless, Good-bye Kitty is MUCH happier on her Sebring.

Anyway, even before my birthday I'd found that PP 5w-20, M1 0w-20 and M1 5w-20 all quiet the top end noise in my engine and even defeat (mostly) the patented Honda RPM whine (whatever that sound is). So... any idea what should I do with the other 25 quarts of oil? Give it to Sebring Kitty? Try to exchange it for store credit somewhere? Use it as a sump flush for visits to the dealership? Donate it to some seedy lotion parlor?

You have 7 posts young Jedi. Obi 1 kenobi says leave now or you'll get sucked in by the force.

Happy birthday!

Last edited:
Quick marry her! Umm.. Does she know how to change oil?

welcome2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Well, if she's thoughtful enough to commit enough espionage to get this part right ..she's probably seen everything else too
shocked2.gif
. Since she didn't leave you (exit- stage left - NOW!!!) I'd say that she's comfortable with your dark side attributes.

The stash? You need to create a shrine. We all have one. Why not you??

She sounds like a very understanding person. Keep her. My husband moved my dryer out to the garage to give him more room for his speciality items --grease,additives, etc. and had over 20 cases in the garage. I did not mind because it was better than a lot of things he could have done and I knew where he was. HAPPY BIRTHDAY next year leave hints as to which oils you want to try.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Quick marry her! Umm.. Does she know how to change oil?

Even if she doesn't, she's STILL a keeper! Happy b-day and welcome.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah, she's amazing. I'm going to make sure she's still around when I graduate. In the meantime, her birthday gift is going to be Mikimoto.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
...I'd say that she's comfortable with your dark side attributes.

The stash? You need to create a shrine. We all have one. Why not you??

Cheers!
cheers3.gif
But I think owning a '79 Spit is already enough darkside for anyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back