Hand Sprayers (for garden chemicals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I need to pick-up another hand-sprayer for dispensing some detailing chemicals. To date, I have been using the RL Flo-Master ones from Home Depot and they have been working okay. The pressure is a bit lacking but I was not expecting much for a tiny sprayer (and for $8).

I saw a Solo 418 on Amazon that gets good reviews, but it costs $16. I am not too familiar with these sprayers, but I am curious if the Solo one can really be that much better...

For me, flow and pressure would be the attributes that I am most interested in. Chemical resistance is not a concern in this application.

Thanks!

Last edited:
if you're ok with a larger size, get a deck sprayer (1gal) for which you can pump, and have a wand. Should also be $10 or so for the cheap ones at home depot. Plus as it's local, you can just try it with water first, if it doesn't meet your needs return it.

At a minimum, even if you don't fill it the whole way, the larger vessel will mean pressure will stay stable for longer, rather then needing to keep pumping every few seconds.

Last edited:
Solo makes some very good products, they are heavily used in the lawncare industry. I am a very cheap person but I would spend the extra money for the Solo if it gets good reviews on amazon.

Note: Many of the new generation of sprayers do not come with a small screen on the pick up tube. And, they are very sensitive to dirt in the spray valve and nozzle.

The problem is, your water/chemicals may be clean, but the pump introduces dust/dirt when you pump. The result is frustration.

I've given up on the cheap ones and purchased a "Stihl" hand held sprayer from my local chainsaw dealer. It's robust, works every time and trouble free.

Ace Hardware sells a very well-made 1 gallon sprayer for around $10 - and it's made in the USA!

I bought this 1.5 gal Flo-Master from Home Depot a year ago for about $16 and it works pretty good for pre soaking a house before power washing.

20141130_105832-1.jpg

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Solo makes some very good products, they are heavily used in the lawncare industry. I am a very cheap person but I would spend the extra money for the Solo if it gets good reviews on amazon.

I have a solo...note that you can also get replacement parts for them on Amazon

I've had a Solo since the late 90's and it still works. I paid a lot more than that for it too. Never given me any trouble and it's designed to be disassembled so it can be cleaned. Well worth the money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back