Had a ride on the B-29 'Doc'

I was able to take a ride on the B-29 'Doc' in Mason City Iowa July 21 before it went to Milwaukee then Oshkosh for EAA. It was a fantastic experience. Took off in the top gunner bubble then we were able to move to the rear at the tail gunner seat.

Stupid me forgot to set my camera at 60fps so the props turning look funny.

Attachments

• B29 Doc art.jpg
    B29 Doc art.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 28
  • B29 Pic1.jpg
    B29 Pic1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 28
  • B29 Pic2.jpg
    B29 Pic2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
WOW !! How was the noise level?
It was a lot quieter than I was expecting inside. Apparently the engines are not the originals and are a hybrid of some sort (Goggle B29 Doc and read the history on it). My cousin who has a lot of flight time on a B-25 says this B-29 is not as loud. We only put on headphones when landing so we could hear the pilots and ATC.

The way they built them... 80 year old airframe that can just fly. And today they are retiring all the f-22s because they failboated being able to make a very low spec for flight hours...

The way they built them... 80 year old airframe that can just fly. And today they are retiring all the f-22s because they failboated being able to make a very low spec for flight hours...
From my understanding most WWII era planes were designed to take a beating in combat and still fly.

Wow- what a cool photo!
Thanks... here's the video...

Hi.
I am very envious of you. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

A truly wonderful experience.

Back