Had A 2009 Ford Explorer In The Shop Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
George
By the way today he brought lunch for the whole shop and im sure it cost him about $80.00

I don't get it? He can afford to buy lunch for $80, but can't afford a $25 oil change? WHat have I missed?
21.gif

Where oh where has logic gone? BINGO!
01.gif

Originally Posted By: 91344George
Originally Posted By: Bluestream
George
By the way today he brought lunch for the whole shop and im sure it cost him about $80.00

I don't get it? He can afford to buy lunch for $80, but can't afford a $25 oil change? WHat have I missed?
21.gif

Where oh where has logic gone? BINGO!
01.gif

We are apparently never going to know the shop that crazyoildude manages. Unless he comes out and tells us.

I think that NJ area people that need work on their cars would be CLAMORING to go there if their car needed work and this site could help him. Still, he doesnt tell us and has this backwards math of an appreciative customer that maybe is afraid to touch his car. Makes sense to me.. him not telling us his shop doesnt!
21.gif

This is why I don't buy used vehicles. Its cheaper to buy a new one and take care of it for 10-12 years than deal with this nonsense.

age/gender/ethnicity of the owner? If that matter to you i guess He is in his fifties regular nice person. He also volunteers a lot of time to help the handicapped and people that are helpless and homeless.. Do something nice for people because it feels good to be able to help it really does!

This is probably the biggest shocker. So much for stereotyping of the village idiot type.

Originally Posted By: 45ACP
[
We are apparently never going to know the shop that crazyoildude manages. Unless he comes out and tells us.

I think that NJ area people that need work on their cars would be CLAMORING to go there if their car needed work and this site could help him. Still, he doesnt tell us and has this backwards math of an appreciative customer that maybe is afraid to touch his car. Makes sense to me.. him not telling us his shop doesnt!
21.gif

Hummm You're right! That does seem odd since everyone else on here who owns a business is promoting/selling every chance they get. Maybe Crazyoildude has a virtual shop with virtual customers? Which would make Crazyoildude...Crazy!
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
This is why I don't buy used vehicles. Its cheaper to buy a new one and take care of it for 10-12 years than deal with this nonsense.

Agreed. With a used car you never really know if the car was abused or not, likely it might have been.

I have always done what you say, pick a car that is a good value and drive it till it dies or becomes too expensive to repair. I haven't reached that point with either car I own yet! LOL

Still have my old VW Rabbit GTI from 1984 that has all original engine, tranny, only maintenance and new paint. Has 230k on it. It runs perfectly and drives great, still as entertaining as it was when I first bought it !!!!

Also still have my 1996 VW Golf GL with 118k on it only regular maintenance and new paint for the roof and hood. Still drives as perfectly as it did new off the dealer lot.

Last edited:
Bluestream
Think what you want i have owned this shop for many years and it is one of the oldest in the state, it was around long before i owned it and we are very busy i dont need to sell or promote anything.. besides if you need engine work would you come to New Jersey.. You could always ask me questions and if i can answer them i will..
Although i am listed i have no need to advertise, i have more work than i can handle.. Back in 1998-99 we were one of the only shops that worked on the northstars,, we do everything all makes and models.

Would you at least post your approximate area? I have few friends in NJ (Englishtown / Holmdel) and if they need a good trustworthy shop, I know where to send them now.

- Vikas

crazyoildude is a good guy, and an asset to the board. I have personally had very good conversations with this man. If I needed any motor work that entailed rebuild or any other major engine work. My RX would be towed over to his shop no questions asked.

crazyoildude is okay in my book. If I was back in New Jersey I would offer him a drink. But I would like to see the pictures of this monster!

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Would you at least post your approximate area? I have few friends in NJ (Englishtown / Holmdel) and if they need a good trustworthy shop, I know where to send them now.

- Vikas

so if this guy is in his fifties and we assume he got his license at 18...he's been driving for 25 to 30 years and he never heard of changing the oil in a vehicle? Wow! Negligence is, unfortunately, a prevalent human weakness.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Maybe Crazyoildude is using a very rigorous interpretation of the no non-sponsor links/advertising rules here. I don't talk about my current businesses here, either.

Doesn't mean he simply couldn't PM those requesting the information about his shop. Right?

I believe that those asking would honor his request to not reveal the name of the shop if crazyoildude so asked.

Then at least those asking could confirm or deny his legitimacy to the rest of us.
wink.gif

I wouldn't be even a little surprised to see that Explorer run 150,000 miles. The 4.6 is incredibly tough. I saw a couple with 10,000+ mile OCI on taxicabs...the engines still went over 300,000 miles.

Then again...I bought my Caddy with an engine so neglected that I de-sludged the oil pan with a paint scraper. The valve covers didn't come clean until an engine shop hot-tanked them. There was a crust of coked oil that actually held the shape after removing the covers.
frown.gif

After cleaning it out (and changing oil & filter six times in 5000 miles), I drove it another 40,000+ miles without a problem.

Originally Posted By: bradepb
I feel sorry for whoever ends up as second owner of this car.
Agreed! I would run Supertech 15w40 in this motor permanently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back