GWC auto warranty is a scam ?

I been deal with them for about 6 month now . I’m not going into much detail but if they say they coverage something , does not mean everything . Just say GWC coverage an lifter in the motor . And your lifter broke . Cause piston . Head . Crack . Or what ever . THEY ONLY REPLACE THE LIFTER . And everything else you pay . They don’t even pay for the tax . What a scam company .

where can I write a review on them at ?

I don't know anything about GWC, but alot of people on here will talk bad about extended warranties. I don't think they're all bad, it seems like the good ones are from the auto manufacturers. I bought a Hyundai one and so far, $10k later they don't bat an eyelash.

Third party extended warranties typically are not worth the paper they are printed on. One must also read the fine print on those contracts.

The only extended warranty I'd ever consider would be one from the manufacturer. Extended warranties are essentially insurance and these companies do not make money paying claims. They make money collecting premiums and not paying claims. There is a strong incentive after they have your money to do the bare minimum based on their carefully crafted contract because that means they all get big Christmas bonuses.

I have had two 3rd party extended warranties and yeah don't know if I will ever do that again, the amount of stuff they did not cover was pretty astounding. Trying to get anything covered is like pulling teeth, not to mention most shops know this so you have to find a shop that are willing to deal with the warranty company.

I'll pay more for a used car to pick up one with a manufacturer backed CPO. My experience with VW CPO has been excellent - pretty much same as new warranty just has a $50 deductible (per visit - not repair).

Most if not all car extended "warranties" are not warranties at all. They are repair agreements. Like I argue with people that say car insurance companies screw you, well guess what they don't, you just didnt read the ENTIRE CONTRACT. Before you buy an extended "warranty" plan sit down and read the dang thing. Make a list of what they do or dont pay for along with all exclusions. These companies are not in business out of the kindness of their hearts, they want to make money. They are not anywhere similar to a OEM warranty at all.The word "warranty" is just a hook to get you to buy their product. And since they aren't regulated by any state DOI the can't use the word insurance. It's up to YOU the consumer to read the entire contract (at least several times) and make an educated and informed decision before you buy. Don't take anyones word for it, if it's not expicitly stated/written in the contract it will not be covered. If you read the contract and it's convoluted or confusing don't buy it, thats done on purpose to limit the amout of items/or actions that are covered. These contracts are written by teams of lawyers that are very good at what they do, and these companies are not regulated so you the consumer have very little recourse. Choose wisely.

Last edited:
That exactly what I have
Sounds like you got scammed. Those 3rd party warranties are basically worthless especially if you bought it over the phone. There's a few decent ones like the one Carmax sells when you buy a car. Otherwise unless it's from the manufacturer of the car, the 3rd party warranties are usually over priced and will always weasel out of paying either by requiring an inspection, denying legit claims, limiting amount of coverage or eventually just going out of business and leaving you with a worthless warranty.

I been deal with them for about 6 month now . I’m not going into much detail but if they say they coverage something , does not mean everything . Just say GWC coverage an lifter in the motor . And your lifter broke . Cause piston . Head . Crack . Or what ever . THEY ONLY REPLACE THE LIFTER . And everything else you pay . They don’t even pay for the tax . What a scam company .

Very common. They will give you the $10 part only

I'm curious about a situation such as this.... New/used car dealership with a service department sells one of these "warranty" plans with some of their used cars. Time comes that a repair is needed and you decide to use this service department. I know that the service group and sales group are separate but they are part of the same company in the end. Will they go to bat for you if the warranty company gives the person a hassle ?

ALL non manufacturers extended warranty companies are borderline scam. Everyone.

Only if a car maker backs it then worth considering.

AB03D57C-5A25-43FF-842F-99D85BB5323A.jpeg

I'm curious about a situation such as this.... New/used car dealership with a service department sells one of these "warranty" plans with some of their used cars. Time comes that a repair is needed and you decide to use this service department. I know that the service group and sales group are separate but they are part of the same company in the end. Will they go to bat for you if the warranty company gives the person a hassle ?
No the deslership gets a commission for the sale, after the sale they could care less.

No the deslership gets a commission for the sale, after the sale they could care less.
They get a pretty hefty commission on the aftermarket ones which is why you can find them cheaper online, but only from name brand ones. For the manufacturer warranties, you can get them from other dealers and there are ones out there that just charge $50-$100 over their cost so you can tell based on what the local dealer quote, they make over 1k in profit when selling them. And they don't like them because they make even more on the 3rd party ones. Only way to do that is to offer even less in coverage/benefits.

Back