Gut-wrenching' last Chevrolet Cruze comes off the line...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by LeakySeals
Americans love their crossovers because they have a belief that higher is somehow safer.

Mass tends to win. I'd rather be in my Atlas and hit by a Cruze than be in a Cruze and hit by an Atlas.

Americans love their crossovers because they have a belief that higher is somehow safer.

We love ours because the roads are full of potholes and often covered in snow and ice.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Hard working old people are rare. Being healthy enough to be productive at that age is also rare. What good is an employee who is either coasting or at the doctor's office all the time? I've seen exceptions to the rule of course but I've also seen 3+ Dr's appointments a month, mailing it in until they reach pension age and just general lackadaisical behavior. Old men also have a good chance of being insecure and screwing with younger male employees. I'd never hire a 55+ full time, I'd rather give the chance to a youngster who has something to prove instead of someone who is entitled because of when they were born.

There are always exceptions, work ethic is more important than age.

The only thing in your little missive with any value is the last sentence and I'd wager you'll find a stronger work ethic overall in 50 year olds as 20 year olds. If you're talking building trades or other jobs that take bull strength day after day yeah older workers would struggle, otherwise you've got a narrow minded prejudice.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Hard working old people are rare. Being healthy enough to be productive at that age is also rare. What good is an employee who is either coasting or at the doctor's office all the time? I've seen exceptions to the rule of course but I've also seen 3+ Dr's appointments a month, mailing it in until they reach pension age and just general lackadaisical behavior. Old men also have a good chance of being insecure and screwing with younger male employees. I'd never hire a 55+ full time, I'd rather give the chance to a youngster who has something to prove instead of someone who is entitled because of when they were born.

What a jackwagon. The only thing in your little missive with any value is the last sentence and I'd wager you'll find a stronger work ethic overall in 50 year olds as 20 year olds. If you're talking building trades or other jobs that take bull strength day after day yeah older workers would struggle, otherwise you've got a narrow minded prejudice.

on top of it all his comment on 3+ Dr appointments a month....lol. I see my Dr one a year and only because it reduces my insurance payments....

Lordstown was historical in the US auto industry. It was built specifically to make production of subcompacts profitable in the States. It was designed originally to make Chevy Vegas, and the Monza/Starfire/Sunbird/Skyhawk spinoffs. Then when front-wheel-drive came in, it was retooled to make J cars (Cavalier, etc.) Then it persisted through Cobalts and Cruzes. It had a good run over its 48 years of production and many people worked their whole careers there. GM was twice its current size (or more) when Lordstown was first built, and many older plants have been shuttered years before.

Originally Posted by AZjeff

What a jackwagon. The only thing in your little missive with any value is the last sentence and I'd wager you'll find a stronger work ethic overall in 50 year olds as 20 year olds. If you're talking building trades or other jobs that take bull strength day after day yeah older workers would struggle, otherwise you've got a narrow minded prejudice.

The sad part about it, is today he has a lot of company in his demented thought process.

Hate to see more choices leave the market but if you look even Accord and Camry sales have been down as most other sedans.

God I hate SUVs and CUVS, I feel bad I ever bought an Equinox. I don't really even like my truck, if I didn't like camping so much I probably wouldn't have one. It is a very good tool.

I get it with the SUV/CUV, lots of functionality and room...Eh Easy to get in an out....Eh They just bore me and even my Malibu with the 2.0 turbo really isn't a bad driving car and much better than any fat SUV/CUV to drive, to me at least.

Hope all these folks land on their feet. Sucks to see so many people having to make a change at once.

It IS safer in the sense that an elevated driver has better visibility.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
LeakySeals said:
It IS safer in the sense that an elevated driver has better visibility.

Until EVERYBODY has elevated themselves, and we're all equally obstructed again... Then we'll all just be more topheavy.

Hard working old people are rare. Being healthy enough to be productive at that age is also rare...

Complete horse shat that has been contradicted by numerous studies. You want to hire young know-nothings you can [censored] on, fine. Don't make up crap to justify it though!

We have a guy 68 working a desk and field supervisor job … On salary but turns in 14-16 hours a day … He has even embraced modern software and uses that to get very well informed decisions from upper management … he's not slowing down … Very interesting historian and has an advanced vocabulary …

What I got from that picture is you buy hair coloring?
could at least trim the ads off.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by Nickdfresh

Hard working old people are rare. Being healthy enough to be productive at that age is also rare...

Complete horse shat that has been contradicted by numerous studies. You want to hire young know-nothings you can [censored] on, fine. Don't make up crap to justify it though!

What is happening more and more with employers is something called ghosting. Young people don't even quit these days. They just don't show up period. I know a few managers and supervisor types. They have all lamented the work ethics of some of today's youth. It's a constant battle to get people to show up on time or to show up at all. One told the story of a kid who was habitually late by 30 minutes or one hour all the time. He was given the warnings and told of the consequences. When his habit didn't quit he was told he was fired. That kid wanted to know why.

Huge facepalm 🤦â€â™‚ï¸.

Originally Posted by PimTac

What is happening more and more with employers is something called ghosting. Young people don't even quit these days. They just don't show up period. I know a few managers and supervisor types. They have all lamented the work ethics of some of today's youth. It's a constant battle to get people to show up on time or to show up at all. One told the story of a kid who was habitually late by 30 minutes or one hour all the time. He was given the warnings and told of the consequences. When his habit didn't quit he was told he was fired. That kid wanted to know why.

Huge facepalm 🤦â€â™‚ï¸.

Did he by chance work at an auto parts store, and just not show up for his shift on Thanksgiving because he wanted to watch some ball games?..

Originally Posted by 02SE
Originally Posted by PimTac

Huge facepalm 🤦â€â™‚ï¸.

Did he by chance work at an auto parts store, and just not show up for his shift on Thanksgiving because he wanted to watch some ball games?..

No but I remember that story from here.

Originally Posted by csandste

IIRC-- The 65 year old retirement age comes from Bismarck's Germany. This was the option adopted. The other one under consideration was to just kill you when you hit 65.

You do not remember correctly. Under Bismarck, the retirement age was 70 and it was lowered to 65 almost two decades after Bismarck's death. The claim that being put to death instead of being retired does not align with reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back