Gumout Regane MSDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who studied math in elementary school would understand that listed percentage of PEA in a bottle needs to be considered within the context of the bottle size itself. Manufacturer can increase the percentage of PEA by decreasing the size of the bottle.

- Vikas

There have been no indications the formula has changed. An MSDS change is no indication of a formula change. There is so much ambiguity in MSDS that you can change them drastically and it still applies to the same formulation. The could have done it purely to get a rise out of their competitors and force them to spends tons of $$$ getting a sample analyzed just to find out nothing changed.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
There have been no indications the formula has changed. An MSDS change is no indication of a formula change. There is so much ambiguity in MSDS that you can change them drastically and it still applies to the same formulation. The could have done it purely to get a rise out of their competitors and force them to spends tons of $$$ getting a sample analyzed just to find out nothing changed.

Highly doubt it!! Stopped using this after the msds change. For my money, I would use a product that clearly states that it has PEA like Redline S-1 than take the chance of using a product that might or might not have the PEA in it. Especially when the price is similar, it only makes common sense!

Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45

Highly doubt it!! Stopped using this after the msds change. For my money, I would use a product that clearly states that it has PEA like Redline S-1 than take the chance of using a product that might or might not have the PEA in it. Especially when the price is similar, it only makes common sense!

That is your choice but please don't try and convince people Gumout has changed w/out proof. Take the other thread for example.

Techron doesn't list PEA on its MSDS but it does use it. Why disclose something if it is unnecessary? That is just bad practice from the corporate level no matter how mundane that may seem.

This board is quickly becoming the most fearful, cynical, and illogical place on the internet. Hopefully this board can start getting back to the facts at some point and quick jumping to irrational conclusions because they magically "know."

Last edited:
It certainly would be safe and sure to use a product that specifically states it has the additive you want.

Concerning Regane, it is highly likely it has the 'good stuff', but we don't know for sure now.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
It certainly would be safe and sure to use a product that specifically states it has the additive you want.

Concerning Regane, it is highly likely it has the 'good stuff', but we don't know for sure now.

From the consumer's standpoint I see no reason NOT to list it, unless they don't use it OR their is a legal reason they can't list it. I'm thinking that maybe Chevron has the patent PEA so it has the legal right to prevent another company from listing it even if they sell it to a competitor...??!?!?!

Originally Posted By: Vikas
People who studied math in elementary school would understand that listed percentage of PEA in a bottle needs to be considered within the context of the bottle size itself. Manufacturer can increase the percentage of PEA by decreasing the size of the bottle.

- Vikas
Good point. I know Prestone has been on a "roll" lately...most (if not all...) of their products are now sold in "2x concentrate" bottles at wally world. The other day when I was shopping a customer nudged me and asked me what the difference between the "big bottle" and "small bottle" of Prestone Gas Treatment....well, duh, read the bottle, it says right on their 2x concentrated. It's "supposed" to be "less water" (or whatever "carrier" agent they decide to use) and more/potent chemical, to achieve the same effect only in a smaller bottle.

Also, on a similar note, sometimes the MSDS will give a UPC or product/part number which the MSDS applies to. But the trick is, sometimes MSDS can get updated, and product UPCs may not change, but the packaging will....sometimes it can be the other way around too, UPC changes, but the package stays the same.

Last edited:
MSDS is not aimed to give the ingredients of the product but rather to help physicians (aka "cleaners" from Pulp Fiction :) type individuals to come up with a remedy in case somebody accidentally drinks the product or splashes his eyes with it.

- Vikas

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vizzy
Originally Posted By: mechtech2

From the consumer's standpoint I see no reason NOT to list it, unless they don't use it OR their is a legal reason they can't list it. I'm thinking that maybe Chevron has the patent PEA so it has the legal right to prevent another company from listing it even if they sell it to a competitor...??!?!?!

Good point. I know Gumout purchases its PEA from Ornite (Chevron) so maybe there is some kind of patent right concerning this particular brand of PEA.

I just used the Gumout Regane small bottle 2x concentrated yesterday. I hope it is still as good as it was once highly praised on here.

I think it is definitely in Gumout's interest that they answer this question in a way that can reassure the consumer yet also adhere to any legal obligation they may have...are you listening Gumout?

So Canadian Tire here in Canada dropped Redline SL-1 and picked up Gumout line of products.

They have
Gumout® Regane® Complete Fuel System Cleaner - $12.99 CDN

Gumout® Regane® High Mileage Fuel System Cleaner - $14.99 CDN

Gumout® Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaner - $5.99 CDN

Gumout® Flex Fuel Vehicle Fuel Injector Cleaner - $7.99 CDN (I think)

I can pick up Redline for around $9 and some change CDN.

Which one is better, Redline or Gumout Regane?

Last edited:
Anyone have any idea what/if any difference there is between regular regane and the HM version?

All i can see between the two MSDS's is that the HM has a lower flashpoint. Actually there is a tiny difference in density.

Last edited:
Why disclose something if it is unnecessary? That is just bad practice from the corporate level no matter how mundane that may seem.

If PEA is the only reason a customer wants to buy a certain product then you are right. It is bad practice. It's bad practice if your product no longer contains it or has significantly reduced its content.

They could have used you on the Warren Commission.

Originally Posted By: casper
Anyone have any idea what/if any difference there is between regular regane and the HM version?

All i can see between the two MSDS's is that the HM has a lower flashpoint. Actually there is a tiny difference in density.

When HM first came out the MSDS listed propane, I think, as a major component. I had never seen that before.

Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
Why disclose something if it is unnecessary? That is just bad practice from the corporate level no matter how mundane that may seem.

If PEA is the only reason a customer wants to buy a certain product then you are right. It is bad practice. It's bad practice if your product no longer contains it or has significantly reduced its content.

They could have used you on the Warren Commission.

Ignoring the fact that their formula hasn't changed, how would it be bad practice to change the PEA contents if they found an alternative formula that works better? If you are going to make that statement (bad practice to reduce/change PEA content), you should at least provide evidence that the new formulation is worse.

There will be PEA replacements down the road. It is just a matter of time.

Last edited:
mis-interpretations on this posting has more to do with ignorance than anything else, for most of them don't even know what MSDS stands for/meant to be used for.

MSDS- Material Safety Data Sheet, it carries the health-related information for doctors, emergency health physicians and the appropriate personnel in the field to aid in an emergency-related situations (deal with certain poisoning/ingestion, etc.). It does not (and companies aren't obligated to do so, to a certain extend) contain enough information to reveal what's the proprietary ingredients within that particular products.

2 things on this board that struck me as sheer ignorance: (1) people whose adventurious enough to try to (at least they attempt to) reverse engineer a product based on the information found in MSDS sheet; (2) armchair scientists whose has nothing to do but to critise products and their effectiveness based on the limited info obtained through MSDS sheets.

...and that's how mis-information perpetuates forever on the internet, just like "bonzai kittens", H2O2 gas to propel automobiles, etc. and that's really beyond me.

33.gif

Q.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back