Gumout Fuel System Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look...twins!...‚..Darn the Wally's Rollbacks!.. don't need anymore cleaner but won't stop, can't stop!...‚

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ChrisD46
*So apparently , Techron has the higher level of PEA versus Gum Out ?

It would appear so from the MSDS..30 v 40%. Is it worth the price difference, that's probably another discussion. But right now the BOGO at AZ and O'Reilly's makes it a good deal on the Techron concentrate.

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
The MSDS says "trade secret". Can we definitively call that "PEA"?

Well considering Techron is Chevron's trademarked name for PEA and Chevron says it's Techron has PEA and it's not listed on the MSDS otherwise, I would say all evidence points to yes....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Smokescreen
...all this talk about PEA and now I have to go to the bathroom
45.gif

Seriously though, is this needed if you use top quality fuel like Costco?

Some would argue no..if you've been using TT fuel from day 1. There is also an equally compelling argument in favour of including periodic treatments of a system cleaner. Some car mfgs even now prescribe this in their maintenance routine.

Ultimately it's your money and your car, so it's your call.

Last edited:
My OM states if you use top tier gas then no need for Techron - otherwise use every 5,000 miles ... I use top tier gas and also use Gumout / Techron before every 5K mile oil change .
It looks like I'll probably switch to Techron as it appears to have higher PEA content than Gumout .

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
My OM states if you use top tier gas then no need for Techron - otherwise use every 5,000 miles ... I use top tier gas and also use Gumout / Techron before every 5K mile oil change .
It looks like I'll probably switch to Techron as it appears to have higher PEA content than Gumout .

ðŸ‘..That's pretty much my routine.. it's not going to hurt anything aside from my wallet....‚

Techron is what I prefer but if I can get Gumout on sale I'll jump for it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by diyjake
Does anyone know how much PEA Amsoil Fuel Cleaner has?

I don't.. you could email Amsoil and ask for the MSDS and see if it's listed. If it's not.. good luck. They're not required to disclose anything about "trade secret" ingredients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back