Guess I cannot get away from Chinese boots

I really want to like American made products especially boots. However every time I go buy a new pair I always find that Ariat cowboy boots fit me the best in general. I do own a pair of ostrich skin Tony lamas and a pair of not sure what they are boots made in Mexico. I got those from a friend and cannot figure out who makes them and he can't remember where he got them. When googling the number in the shaft it comes up with innovation boots LLC ... They're made in Mexico appear to be of decent quality. I went out this evening in search of new boots for every day wear. I have a pair of Durango's they aren't wore out but they aren't comfortable they were when new but that comfort faded fast. I have owned several pairs of ariat cowboy boots. They are the one company that just fit and fits well. Very frustrating I tried on old gringos, Dan post, Justin's, noconas and none of them are nearly as comfortable as ariats. I hate that they are made overseas but their products has always treated me decent and have been comfortable. Anyone else feel this way? I was looking in the $160-250 price range. I didn't want a leather sole since it'll be for everyday use other than those requirements I wasn't to picky. I do generally seek out square toe for the added comfort but even that wasn't a must have. Any one else have this same struggle?

I have a pair of Dan Post square toe cowboy boots....sexy caiman! Thet state most are made in US and "some" made in Mexico.

Many Danner are US made.

I don’t know what their market is outside of public safety, but in my nearly 30 years in law enforcement, I’ve only needed to buy two pairs of Danner Acadia boots, if that tells you anything. First pair has been resoled twice and the uppers are still in good condition.

Granted, I wear Matterhorns in the dead of winter (the best cold weather boot that’s made in the US), but the other 9 months or so a year I’m in my Acadias.

Like a vehicle, part of boot longevity is care. Learn what products your boots need to stay in their best condition. All leather uppers require different care than cordura or leather/nylon hybrid surfaces. Learn to spot the early signs of sole damage or unusual wear and have a cobbler address those.

The border is open.

8BC7A546-3F7B-40EC-8EBE-25964DA2E6F2.jpg

Have you considered that higher quality boots generally require more break in?
Yes. So from what I know they should be snug over top of your foot almost to the point of being to tight. Heel should slip a little bit. I find a lot of boots do not offer enough toe room or they squeeze the size of my feet or have to much arch. I understand new boots should be stiff and need breaking in but they shouldn't be hurting your feet right out of the gate. This is what I've been told my entire life. I assume it's correct. Everything I have ever read pretty much backs this up. I just can't seem to find a pair to fit my feet right.

I'm surprised that Justin's and Tony Lamas didn't work for you.
Have you tried Wilson Boots? They're expensive (I guess that's relative but they are to me) at $600 or more.
Friedson Brothers can be quite expensive, but they also say they can copy your old boots. Not sure what that's about. This starts at $395.
Lucchese Boots are less expensive.

Never seen a pair of them around here. I've seen lucchese but only their high end stuff that I'd feel guilty working in and getting dirty.

Other than cowboy'n what sort of work would you do in cowboy boots? Just curious.
I wear boots for everyday. So from working on cars to working in the yard to going to the store. I do it all in boots.

I wear boots for everyday. So from working on cars to working in the yard to going to the store. I do it all in boots.
So you're wearing ropers then, I guess. I'd look at Tecovas. Made in Mexico, the quality is good and the price is more than fair. You can find US-handcrafted work boots but they won't be that tall.

Back in my teenage days Kenny Dingos, Lee riders and Tshirts were boots of choice, great fit and comfort, loved the square toe, now it's nothing but Tshirts, shorts and Reeboks. :LOL:
DI19056__LargeFrontSQR.jpg

The only boots I like are the made in Mexico ones. My Heritage brand Mexican full quill ostrich boots are as comfortable as my Asics. I tried on some Rios and Innovation boots that felt great too.

So you're wearing ropers then, I guess. I'd look at Tecovas. Made in Mexico, the quality is good and the price is more than fair. You can find US-handcrafted work boots but they won't be that tall.
I don't think anyone around me sells tecovas. I guess I'd have to buy online and I'm picky about fit so that may be a pain.

Yes. So from what I know they should be snug over top of your foot almost to the point of being to tight. Heel should slip a little bit. I find a lot of boots do not offer enough toe room or they squeeze the size of my feet or have to much arch. I understand new boots should be stiff and need breaking in but they shouldn't be hurting your feet right out of the gate. This is what I've been told my entire life. I assume it's correct. Everything I have ever read pretty much backs this up. I just can't seem to find a pair to fit my feet right.
Are you sure you’re buying the right width? Are your two feet the same size? (Often they aren’t)

Go to a running company store and have them scan your feet. You may be surprised.

Back