Grrr another option

Status
Not open for further replies.
*deep breath*

Continentals. FINAL DECISION. I think. The only downside is that they are rated for 50k not 55k miles. Continentals.

Tar strips were well "muted". Ride felt slightly stiff (although I like that). I checked the pressure this evening and all were set at 40. I dropped them to 36 and we'll see how it rides then. Overall I would rate the comfort better than the worn Kumho's based on my short ride.

The good news is: If you buy them, Michelin has a 30 day test drive guarantee to return of you do not like them.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Conti DWS do not feel like a UHP tire to me. Very comfortable and quiet. Perfect set of tires for my wife's Legacy turbo wagon.

It just a marketing term more than anything.

For you, an others with the DWS, how is fuel economy with these tires compared to what you had before?

Wish you better luck with the DWS's than I had. Flat spotting vibration on an 3.0L Accord was more than I could live with. Colder the temp, the worse the vibation and the longer it lasted after being parked.

Returned to DT after 30 days for the Michelin Primacy MXV4's, much smoother. First time I've returned a set of tires.

I heard about the flat spotting issue- one of the complaints that swayed me to Michelin. Also, the MXM4's have a nice, fat rim protector where the DWS does not. I parallel park quite a bit so this is an important feature for me (for the occasional bump).

I swear to god I'm the most indecisive person on the planet. I keep see sawing back and forth. Here is where my thoughts are right now.

Contis: Slightly cheaper, looks like slightly better ride quality. Better snow traction.

Michelins: Much prefer the brand, rated for 55k not 50k. Has Michelins GreenX so likely better fuel economy.

I've made up my mind. The michelins may get marginally better fuel economy, but that makes it not worth the difference in price- $523 for a set vs $456 for the DWS. Plus, they come with Roadhazard from Continental, it's an extra $15 a tire for the michelins.

Last edited:
Took the printout from Tirerack to Mavis. They had quoted me the other day ~$730 with mounting and balance. I handed him the paper, and said I could get them from TR with 2 day shipping, and mounting for $610. I asked if he could do it for $630, with tax. After a few minutes, he agreed, and ordered them. I just negotiated the price of tires down a full $100! Mavis Discount tire is my new favorite tire shop. Will have them installed on friday, my next day off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back