group IV and V oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there are any 100% group V oils. I think that all true synthetics have group V in them. And I believe that Redline and the german castrol supposedly have a majority Group V base oil.

i did find out from redline that they do not use even 1 drop of dino oil as a carrier!!this also goes for all their products!!! that is the same for delvac 1..redline will take time to explain it to you!!! i just love companies who are not worried about telling you info.about there products that shows me that the product is so good that they don't have to worry about keeping everything a secret

Couldn't agree more. Mobil's customer service is bad, but better then Castrol! What a joke they are. I won't even waste my time with that company.

quote:

Originally posted by sbc350gearhead:

quote:

Originally posted by Leo:
Motul 300V and Motul E-Tech 8000 are both 100% Grp V oils. www.motul.com.au for more info!

Does the seal swelling get out of hand with 100% esters?

I wouldnt think so. Obviously the Motul Chemists would have done something to prevent that. The 8100 has almost all european manufacturers approval so the seal swelling issue should be ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back