Grippy, rubbery material to add onto pump shotgun forearm ? [KSG]

Hello, refinishing my Kel-Tec KSG with Duracoat. As part of the project I would like to add some kind of black, grippy, rubbery material to the pump forearm and likely the pistol grip.

35432836-A75B-4486-883A-D7EEF417BBE8.jpeg
I have a good idea what I want but can’t seem to word it correctly iot search… I’ve found a few, but they were precut, model specific, like for a Mossberg 500 etc. and overpriced I think. I really just need a small amount of material I can cut to size and glue to the plastic stock. If you’ve ever seen those Dr Shoales inserts, the synthetic ones with all the wavy lines; I think if something like that could be had, in black and not too thick I would be delighted.

Any ideas? Thinking I have to go outside the firearms industry to find the ideal material. TIA
6BA9D034-9F0D-4D1B-8500-C70435D60BB0.jpeg

Last edited:
I've never tried it on firearms but plasti-dip maybe. It's a liquid rubber you can brush, spray or dip on. I've used it to replace the rubber handle grip on tools.

Tread tape, like what is used on steps and wheel chair ramps, come in various grits and forms.
You can search Amazon and get tons of options. I have used pre-cut options before with decent results on pistols.

If that isn't an option, you could maybe find the material used on some of those "Rug Grippers" or similar. I have seen some of those that were pretty soft and gel like.

Try some of that rubbery material used to line the drawers in a tool chest. It should be oil resistant. You'll need to find a suitable adhesive but it isn't expensive and fit's your "grippy, rubbery material" description.

Talon gun grips sells sheets of gun grip material in either rubber or sandpaper grip. It is AWESOME. You press it onto the grip, heat it up with a hair dryer, and then it sticks to the grip. Stays put.

Back