Griot's Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax on the Club Sport

Our church hosted a Car Cruise today so I decided to clean up the Club Sport. I started with Griot's Ceramic Wash & Coat using their foam sprayer, followed with Griot's Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax. I used BMW Wheel Cleaner Gel on the wheels and 303 Protectant under the hood. I think it ended up looking pretty good- especially considering I've owned it since November 1995.
ti Ceramic.jpg
ti Ceramic side.jpg
ti SECC.jpg

Nice! Man i just like how those older BMWs look!

I have tried the griots and i like how easy it is to apply. Much easier than collinite which i love. Streaks a bit if not careful.

I may try the collinite over the 3 in 1 over the winter though.

Looks great. I still think 3 in 1 is the best spray sealant.
I just used it on the mazda and elantra. waiting to see how it does with tree sap and longevity. I have to say, i will wash and wax more often , as easy as this is. Easier than taping off trim to use paste wax.

You can use it as a drying aid too, but I think I'd go with the Ceramic Speed Shine. I've found the 3 in 1 to be the most easy to use.

MCompact,

Looks great! Nice job!

You guys here on the forum talked up that Griot's Garage 3-In-1 Spray Wax and Ceramic SpeedShine so much, that I went and bought a bottle of each. Tried it out on the Tacoma after claying with the Griot's Synthetic Clay.

Very impressed with it so far! Doesn't quite have the slickness of the Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax, but water beading is very, very good, especially after I washed the vehicle once after a few days, and then used a couple of sprays per panel of the Ceramic SpeedShine, which does make the surface pretty slick.

The Ceramic SpeedShine seems to boost the effect of the 3-In-1 Spray Wax. And, it works very well to boost the effect of the Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax that I used on the 4Runner, when I used it as a drying aid on that vehicle.

The common theme among all these products from Griot's to TW Ceramic Spray etc.. is less is more. Literally no more than two sprays per panel. Streaking only occurs with these products if too much is used and it is done on a hot surface.

As drying aid I'd use even less.

One of the guys on YouTube (FAB Automotive) tested 3 in 1 and it held up for 8 months. What's interesting about the 3 in 1 is the sheeting ability. It's not just beading you're looking for, but the ability to sheet the water off the surface ASAP.

You can see that in this video around 13:33.

I'm now using the 3-1. Would the speed shine be good to use after washings over the 3-1? As a drying aid?
I have really hard well water, so i try to wipe down after with something to prevent water spots.

I'm now using the 3-1. Would the speed shine be good to use after washings over the 3-1? As a drying aid?
I have really hard well water, so i try to wipe down after with something to prevent water spots.
Yes the Speed Shine or Ceramic Speed Shine are good options for a drying aid.

Among the AG crowd, they all say that you won't find a more durable spray product in this price range than 3 in 1. You have to step up to Polish Angel > $50 level to get better performance, however, even those products fall off and end up being not as durable as 3 in 1. They just exhibit better initial water beading, that's it.

Back