Grinds my gears - TV Ad's during program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: kpatter
Agreed 100 percent - the commercials are ridiculously long and the pop-ups during shows is even worse! I pay 180.00 month for tv and internet with ATT. Wish I could cut the cord!

Honestly I can find everything I want online through "those" channels but I choose not to because it costs money to make these things and I get that and I don't want to kill an industry (especially a Canadian Film/TV Industry that is a good part of our local economy) but at the same time I'm not going to make networks rich at my expense of being annoyed with advertisements so this is the last straw for me.

I can't get Hulu etc. here but I might just get my brother to get a subscription in Boston and I will use it here with a VPN and do it that way. Just don't know if they have the most current programming etc.

Netflix ?

Best of luck to you

panasonicvolumead-2.jpg

Something like this.

I bet it's your Panasonic TV that is causing those ads. I have a similar TV and when you web-enable the Viera Connect stuff, it starts overlaying ads on whatever you watch. Try disconnecting the TV from the internet and I bet the ads go away.

That's a load of [censored], I'd be angry too. Haven't seen banner ads yet but I'm sure it's coming for me.

I get with free stuff, ads come with the territory and rightfully so. But when they're raising your rates every month (Dish network), this is just awful.

We canceled our Directv earlier this year, it was just too expensive after the promotional period. I find that I watch the TV a lot within two months of getting service, then I rarely watch once the novelty wears off, or I've seen most episodes of my favorite shows, of which there are few.

I moved to a rural area in Kentucky in April, only to find there was gigabit fiber available from the local telco. I now have all the internet bandwidth I could ever need; I pay $99 a month for it, but it's still far cheaper than when I was paying $50 for slow internet and $150 for TV.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
panasonicvolumead-2.jpg

Something like this.

I bet it's your Panasonic TV that is causing those ads. I have a similar TV and when you web-enable the Viera Connect stuff, it starts overlaying ads on whatever you watch. Try disconnecting the TV from the internet and I bet the ads go away.

I have a Samsung TV. This is an example only of what the banner looks like. Not what is in the banners I'm seeing. I can see anything from a bank advertisement to a car advertisement and the list goes on and on.

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
That's a load of [censored], I'd be angry too. Haven't seen banner ads yet but I'm sure it's coming for me.

I get with free stuff, ads come with the territory and rightfully so. But when they're raising your rates every month (Dish network), this is just awful.

Exactly.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: 92saturnsl2
We canceled our Directv earlier this year, it was just too expensive after the promotional period. I find that I watch the TV a lot within two months of getting service, then I rarely watch once the novelty wears off, or I've seen most episodes of my favorite shows, of which there are few.

I moved to a rural area in Kentucky in April, only to find there was gigabit fiber available from the local telco. I now have all the internet bandwidth I could ever need; I pay $99 a month for it, but it's still far cheaper than when I was paying $50 for slow internet and $150 for TV.

I have fiber to the house available shortly but there is fiber in the street and a local Cable Company is offering Gigabit service for $180/month. So I haven't jumped at it yet because my VDSL at 50/10 and my Satellite TV package is still cheaper than that combined. But if the Gigabit drops to $100 or less I will jump at it and dump TV because then I can download whatever I want in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back