Green Yards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Yeah, but....

35 years of fertilizing my lawn 3x/yr has resulted in mutant 100’ trees which shade my house and reduce my a/c load. And I especially love mowing all that lush, green grass with my 1976 2-stroke Lawn Boy thereby saving all the energy and materials it would take to build me a new mower.

With trees that nice ~ I take it that’s not weed & feed

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Yeah, but....

35 years of fertilizing my lawn 3x/yr has resulted in mutant 100’ trees which shade my house and reduce my a/c load. And I especially love mowing all that lush, green grass with my 1976 2-stroke Lawn Boy thereby saving all the energy and materials it would take to build me a new mower.

With trees that nice ~ I take it that’s not weed & feed

One wonders however how deep the roots are going to find nutriment.

Mine might get water deep … but they can feed pretty shallow as I turned around the heath of a couple species with shallow application of granulated fertilizer ~ especially if they were in need of zinc or something specific besides just N2 = what grass fertilizer is known for …

I don't use fertilizer or any chemicals in my yard for that fact but my equipment is not green for that fact. I did chose a more green alternative called horse manure when i reseeded my yard after leveling with it. Results are amazing compared to expensive chemicals no weed and feed no fertilizer no lime or calcium just results.
Uh huh my mower does decorative stripes but no striping kit on it either.

Flashbacks to the days on the farm as a kid, with a two day job on the JD 318.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back