Great few days on BITOG

I have learned-
Crown Vics are the greatest vehicles ever produced
Like wise with Michelins being the best tires ever made
With SuperTech (Warren) oil at Walmart/Costco why buy anything else
CVTs are likely to break down as soon as you drive it off the lot
Hyundais/Kias are junk
Any vehicle made in the last ten years isn't worthy enough of ownership
Any SUV/truck under $5,000.00 is a "score".
Mazda is the greatest manufacturer of vehicles-despite of having an extremely small market share
Electric cars/cuvs/suvs are a pipe dream and WILL NEVER be mainstream

Don't retire you will die

Just a few "words of wisdom" from the guys on here.........

Got 55k on two cars. Both have CVTs. Should I junk them now or next week? Biting my nails in anxiety every mile for 55k. I should probably go back to a manual Honda and replace a bad exhaust cam at well under 100k instead 🤣

Reactions: CKN
I don't see that at all as a predominate line of thinking of most members, other than the CVT.

There are people in those camps but i don't think you can stereotype the site as a whole with these statements.

Almost sounds like you don't like this website/forum?

Let me just say this-"I'm am known for not drinking the Kool AId in most things" this board included. However-I am happy to share my knowledge when it comes to payload, towing a travel trailer safely, etc. As others do on here as well.

Let me just say this-"I'm am known for not drinking the Kool AId in most things" this board included. However-I am happy to share my knowledge when it comes to payload, towing a travel trailer safely, etc. As others do on here as well.
hey i did a bunch of reading on that topic and bought a 3/4 ton for that reason. it’s no joke, so many people think their half ton with 10k towing capacity can handle their travel trailer, wife, two kids, dogs, and luggage, and they run out of payload really fast.

Reactions: CKN
Last week, I learned the following:
There are hundreds of threads on this site with people being anal and overpaying for stuff, but then most then tell you to "just throw in SuperTech and forget about it". This is on a site where the #1 topic is motor oil. LOL. The irony.

ST is a fine product, and probably the most cost effective one on the market everyday.

ST is a fine product, and probably the most cost effective one on the market everyday.
i decided to run ST in my 6.0 2500HD. my plan is to wear out the engine and then evaluate whether to change to something more expensive at that point. at 12k miles per year, 55k on the truck now, i anticipate some really tough decisions in about 2040.

Back