Great Dealer Service

I recently bought a 2016 Cherokee with 40K miles. In the 125 point inspection I saw they did an oil change. In the top left corner of the windshield
there was a sticker that read next service April 2021. I went to the service department and I asked if they put in Synthetic Oil. I was told even
though my car was given conventional it would still be good for 10K. Thank you Jeep !!

[Linked Image]

So the official line at Ford is the 10K OCI works for synthetic blend or full synthetic. Personally I don't go that far, but that is what they say.

Should be a reminder on the Jeep iirc. Up to 10k miles sounds correct, even with non-synthetic oil. I probably would only go 5k miles and switch to synthetic and extend the oci then.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
So the official line at Ford is the 10K OCI works for synthetic blend or full synthetic. Personally I don't go that far, but that is what they say.

Motorcraft conventional oil - not blend either - sold in Canada meets Ford's spec for '13+ Fusions and those (can) go 10K miles.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

Motorcraft conventional oil - not blend either - sold in Canada meets Ford's spec for '13+ Fusions and those (can) go 10K miles.

Good to know, They don't even offer that in the US, at least that we are supposed to be able to get our hands on.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

Good to know, They don't even offer that in the US, at least that we are supposed to be able to get our hands on.

Castrol GTX, a conventional oil and readily available at Walmart and most auto parts stores, meets Motorcraft oil specs (WSS-M2C945 and 946-A). This is the spec for all Fusion engines from the 1.5L EB up to 2.5L NA and Ford says run 'em up to 10k miles. Again, on conventional oil. That said, I use synthetic blend or full synthetic (Castrol Magnatec, not sure which it is) and go ~7500-8000 miles with ours.

Back