Great BMV Experience

Most BMV visits are on a par with an appointment with a proctologist for sheer enjoyment.
My birthday is 10/30, so I had to renew car registrations and my DL before that date, since it was expiring this year.
Three cars, DL renewal with new photo and out the door in maybe twenty minutes.
Served by a nice young lady named Zoe, who was very courteous and efficient.
Have to give credit where it's due.

I've found it best to take a little drive and visit a DMV location in a more rural county with a smaller population. The quality of the service and the level of helpfulness is much, much higher.

I'm from Ohio. The last time I had to go to a BMV branch a employee had the sniffles and was coughing. There were 3 workers and the sick one was at the end by herself with the other two workers on the other end of the counter away from her.

When my number was called I got the sick woman.

I stood away from her, told her you sound sick, I don't want to get anywhere near you as I'm flying on vacation next week which I did. She was rude to me and I walked out and went to another branch.

KS is easy... renewed all 5 of our vehicles in 10 minutes online and got the stickers in 5 days. Driver license every 7 years. Different locations. The only good thing about Kansas!

the county my parents are in is agonizing, but ours is quite nice.

Being able to do everything online now is a plus.

Ever since moving out of NY going to the DMV or BMV in the Carolinas haven't really had a bad experience in 15 years. One time I did have to wait for a while but at least I had a chair and my smart phone to play on.

As far as the OP, I bet that was some cute girl Zoe for him to start a whole thread about it. ;)

Back