Greasing/ lubing rubber bushings

What product would you use to condition rubber suspension bushings? I noticed my mk6 Jetta creaks when cold apparently this is a common VW thing. Other vehicles forums mentioned greasing front bushings but nobody ever said with what. I figured this would be the right place to ask. 🙂 Everything visually looks great so just keeping it in good shape is my main goal.

IMO, since the bushings are made of rubber-you don’t want to use petroleum grease as it tends to deteriorate the rubber even faster. A silicone type of lube would be better such as brake caliper/slider pin lube or dielectric lube.

What product would you use to condition rubber suspension bushings? I noticed my mk6 Jetta creaks when cold apparently this is a common VW thing. Other vehicles forums mentioned greasing front bushings but nobody ever said with what. I figured this would be the right place to ask. 🙂 Everything visually looks great so just keeping it in good shape is my main goal.
My VW bushings never creaked when cold.

Scotty Kilmer loves spraying rubbing bushings with ATP-205

There's really not many rubber bushings you can remove and relube:
Control arm bushings: both have a metal sleeve in them, and they are pressed in.
Sway bar bushings are bonded to the swaybar.

Other than those, you may need new strut mounts and bearings.

Some bushings are meant to be dry.

My VW bushings never creaked when cold.

Scotty Kilmer loves spraying rubbing bushings with ATP-205

There's really not many rubber bushings you can remove and relube:
Control arm bushings: both have a metal sleeve in them, and they are pressed in.
Sway bar bushings are bonded to the swaybar.

Other than those, you may need new strut mounts and bearings.
When I started looking it up I found a lot of folks saying it's normal and some claimed lubing control bushings etc helped. 🤷

Back