Grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have Bering(hyundai)65K mi, since new and alway grease everything with M1. I've noticed that a few of my ujoibts are alittle shot and kingpins have a bit of play. Maybe the M1 grease isn't so good in a commercial app. what other grease would better in this app and readily availible.What about Polyurea and Moly is that good that to have in a grease?

Thanks

moly works well in "plain" bearing such as a king pin. Polyurea is also good where water or high temp but your "wear" maybe normal due to heavy loads and design of the chasis.
bruce

Should i switch to something better like valvoline line of greases? I also repackes all the wheel bearings almost 2 years ago. The manual recommends Shell Retinax LX2 for wheel bearings and Chevron heavy duty grease for chassis. I used M1 grease for everything.

if you think wear is high try increaseing lube intervals M1 is a good grease, try a new brand may not improve much.
bruce

M1 has no moly is that a major disadvantage? and should M1 suffice for where Shell Retenax LX2 was originally called for?

Thanks for the help

the shell is a NON moly EP grease so M1 is OK as I said if wear problems increase lube interval or try a moly grease for a few months.
bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back