Grease, thinking Schaeffer, newb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I have been learking around here for years and decided to sign up. I'm thinking of doing an overall on the grease I use. Currently I use John Deere SD poly. It seems ok but I'm nervous about using it for all my needs. I am especially nervous using I the blade spindles of my Kubota as I had a hustler spindle burn out in 50 hours on the stuff. I'm not sure the Sd is meant for high speed spindle use, especially since most deeres are sealed spindles. My new zd1211 Kubota however is not sealed. After a lot of reading I am leaning towards Schaeffer after lots of reading on here. The issue is, I read a lot of conflicting information on what model to use for what application. I know enough to know you want non tacky for high speeds and high tack for load bearing. The Schaeffer brand has tons though and 0,1,2 sub models of each model. Some of the non tack says not for use in wheel bearing so im lost. I have one gun now and i think im gonna get a second gun. I have a L3800 Kubota loader, Zd1211 Kubota zero turn, and work on my truck and car and others on the side. I'm looking to understand best grease for:

Hello, I would like to start using your products for my multiple needs and am slightly confused on what to get for what purposes after reading some forums. I do not have an issue keeping two guns around the shop unless there truly is a silver bullet grease for all. My needs:

A. Loader and zero turn. The tractor pins, bushings, loader components, high load slow bearings such as axle pivot on the zT, caster wheels, etc .

B. High speed bearings. Mower spindles, car and truck wheel bearings, u joint, etc.

C. Chassis grease. Ball joints. Etc.

Thank you for any help. If there truly is a one size fits all like the 274 Schaeffer that's great to hear but I'm not sure it exists.

Looking forward to the knowledge
smile.gif

Just bought 3 cases for our plant. Schaeffer #274 Best all around grease. Works anywhere. You don't want to start getting into specialized because then you wonder why something died and later found out your grease isn't made for that application. #274 work everywhere. And it's waterproof too. It is Caterpillar approved for wheel bearings at 3% moly where if you go with the 5% moly it is not approved for bearings.

http://www.schaefferoil.com/274-synthetic-grease.html

Originally Posted By: Rudy1999 250
Also, a great Grease is Texas Refinery TRC - 880 Crown and Chassis

That's my personal choice, though I can't say I've had any reall bad experiences with schaffers. One box separated on a bad day and I switched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back